t202 unsecure?

djdiaboliq

New member
Sep 16, 2009
3
0
0
I'm getting an error when I try to login to tracking202 (hosted).

"This Connection is Untrusted"

Is anyone else getting this message?
 


(I'm assuming you mean Prosper 202 when you say hosted)

It means that you are not using an SSL Certificate on the domain you installed 202 onto, as a result the connection between your browser and the web server is not encrypted. So many browsers will warn you when entering a password that a site is 'untrusted' or 'insecure' because it is *possible* for someone to snoop your connection between the browser and your domain especially on a wifi network to grab your login details.

If it's important to you, you can get an SSL Certificate for as cheap as 10$ a year at NameCheap, once installed you can then log into your account at an http:// style url, which will encrypt your browser's communication to either 128 or 256kbit, thus reducing the potential snooping of your traffic.