The $60.00 Light Bulb.....Pic



Company with CEO with friends (lobbyist) in high government positions pushes for new light bulb regulation's. Company pushes for government to "certify" only certain companies to cut out other companies that can make them. Company controls market and sets price of .10-.30 cent bulb @ $60 per bulb. Force Americans to buy it... Massive profit!
 
I'd love to see the type of light they produce. If they're anything like the curly bulbs, makes your house light up like a fucking operating room. I like the yellow of the old 60w bulbs.
 
I'd love to see the type of light they produce. If they're anything like the curly bulbs, makes your house light up like a fucking operating room. I like the yellow of the old 60w bulbs.

Na, you can get LEDs (and CFLs for that matter) in different color temperatures so you don't have that problem.
 
CFLs are standard where I live. No stupid laws against buying the old style incandescents but most people go for the CFLs now. Cost of a 20W CFL is about US$3. With heavy use they last 2 to 3 years. Problem is that you always have a few that last only a short time due to infant mortality or a power surge. They are also easily destroyed if they get wet and water gets into the little vent holes.

Bottom line is the average cost of ownership ends up being higher due to the short life of a fairly high percentage of CFLs so they don't compare quite as well to incandescents as it first appears.
 
For High ceilings these pay for themselves. I'm tired of hiring someone just to change my light bulb.
 
Pfft. I stockpiled about 300 100-watt full-spectrum incandescent light bulbs last year. That should last me until I escape USAlcatraz or renounce my citizenship and become an illegal alien.
 
Why does infant mortality blow your lightbulbs?

That's reliability engineer speak for early failures due to undetected latent defects. When a large number of electronic systems (CFLs contain electronics) are put into use there is a spike of failures very early in the projected life span. After that you get few failures until reaching the normal end of life when the failure rate increases as expected.
 
nigga don't say pic if you're not gonna post a pic. Looks like your mom's vibrator.

v0TDD.jpg