The business of logo design.

Status
Not open for further replies.


Awesome article and site. I'm considering joining for the website/logo tutorials. Good work man.

And like others have said, you could easily charge more for your work.
 
Thanks for the comments.

I've experimented with pricing before.. I started at $75, got way too many orders (like 45 in a month), then to $119.95 which really dropped sales by a lot, to less than 17 or so.. So $99 seems to be a good middle grounds for the type of traffic my site attracts..

I get all of my traffic from "how to make a logo" sort of keywords in google. I probably just need to focus on attracting a more quality / serious type of demographic in order to up my prices.
 
Shit... that is cheap. I was checking out 99designs.com a while back because someone suggested it if you need a logo done. Basically, you put a "contest" out for what you need and people will make you designs. Usually you will get a good number of entries. Their "suggested fee" for logos, I think, was $150. Well, I guess if you get a good amount of volume for your price and you are happy with it that is great. But, you could get a lot more too.
 
Gary Simon is a douchebag. I won a contest last year which included a logo design from Gary. He started it, then after the first revision decided he wouldn't reply to any emails or comments. Haven't heard from him since. What a prick.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.