Yes, sorry I quoted the CBO. You're a random asshole on the internet who doesn't know anything, what do you think? Actually, I think according to your logic the health care bill will save 3 times what's suggested in the graph, right? Profits for all!
It is a "projection", the only way to know the exact numbers it to get a time machine. In the meantime I suggest we just continue letting health care and entitlements bankrupt the country, the path you idiots seem to be on.
Comparing the CBO to random assholes is unfair. Random assholes are sometimes right. The CBO has NEVER been right. Not only is the CBO never right, they are always off by underestimating the actual cost to the people. Let me let you in on something I thought everyone already knew: the CBO is a government organization that benefits from government spending.
I feel like I am trying to convince a sheep the farmer does not have his best interest in mind... How can anyone be so brainwashed? Wake the fuck up.
Just in case the sheep can unbrainwash themselves - here are some stats:
CBO original Medicare estimate for 1990: $12 Billion.
Actual cost: $98 Billion
Cost now (2009 spending): $500 Billion
CBO estimates for Medicare spending in 2050
in 2005 $1.5 Trillion was the projection
in 2007 $2.8 Trillion was the projection
in 2009 $3 Trillion -- in 4 years the projections doubled!
CBO Stimulous Estimate Feb 2009: $787 Billion
Revised 11 months later, $75 Billion More
Actual cost: unknown at present
Estimate to build Pentagon: $35 Million
Actual cost: $75 Million
Estimate to build Capitol Hill Visitors Center: $265 Million
Actual cost: $621 Million
It should not be news to anyone, but here it goes: Government is inefficient. Sorry if that rocked your world - now go back to grazing.