"They Gona Laugh at You...."

kblessinggr

PedoBeard
Sep 15, 2008
5,723
80
0
G.R., Michigan
www.kbeezie.com
Alumna sues college because she hasn't found a job - CNN.com

A recent college graduate is suing her alma mater for $72,000 -- the full cost of her tuition and then some -- because she cannot find a job.

Trina Thompson, 27, of the Bronx, graduated from New York's Monroe College in April with a bachelor of business administration degree in information technology.

On July 24, she filed suit against the college in Bronx Supreme Court, alleging that Monroe's "Office of Career Advancement did not help me with a full-time job placement. I am also suing them because of the stress I have been going through."

The college responded that it offers job-search support to all its students.

In her complaint, Thompson says she seeks $70,000 in reimbursement for her tuition and $2,000 to compensate for the stress of her three-month job search.
...

three-month job search... oh wow three months, thats like... forever :D

As Thompson sees it, any reasonable employer would pounce on an applicant with her academic credentials, which include a 2.7 grade-point average and a solid attendance record. But Monroe's career-services department has put forth insufficient effort to help her secure employment, she claims.

"They're supposed to say, 'I got this student, her attendance is good, her GPA is all right -- can you interview this person?' They're not doing that," she said.
...

2.7? um yea I'll pounce on that... just after I get past all the other applicants.

...
She suggested that Monroe's Office of Career Advancement shows preferential treatment to students with excellent grades. "They favor more toward students that got a 4.0. They help them more out with the job placement," she said.
...

Um... duh.

Monroe College released a statement saying that "while it is clear that no college, especially in this economy, can guarantee employment, Monroe College remains committed to working with all its students, including Ms. Thompson, who graduated only three months ago, to prepare them for careers and to support them during their job search."

Thompson says she has not hired an attorney to represent her because she cannot afford one. When she filed her complaint, she also filed a "poor person order," which exempts her from filing fees associated with the lawsuit.

Asked whether she would advise other college graduates facing job woes to sue their alma maters, Thompson said yes.

"It doesn't make any sense: They went to school for four years, and then they come out working at McDonald's and Payless. That's not what they planned."

College gives you 'tools' it doesn't guarantee someone a job. Anyone with enough street smarts can kick the shit out of a college grad that only relies on those tools.

I noticed the article did not state whether or not she had any experience at all in the field in which she received a degree in. Especially since she got into what... one of the most saturated markets out there?
 


lmao stupid bitch.

First of all, what the fuck is New York's Monroe College? My asshole could probably get a better GPA than 2.7 there. More importantly what the fuck is a "poor person order?" That is some bullshit. If I wanted a way to double the number of frivolous lawsuits, I would eliminate the court fees for the very demographic that files that retarded shit. This is probably one of those people who voted for Obama because he would pay her mortgage.

EDIT: conv3rsion...you got me.
 
More importantly what the fuck is a "poor person order?" That is some bullshit.

http://courts.state.ny.us/courts/6jd/forms/SRForms/ifp_howto.pdf

Basically you fill that shit out to say you can't afford the court fee, and basically applies for a waiver of it so you don't have to pay in the event you lose. However in the US , we'd still have frivolous lawsuits without since we're not required to pay all the court fee's up front like you do in some european countries.

Obama has nothing to do with this... stupidity occurs regardless of outside influence. I just have to wonder bout their curriculum, if their graduates come out with as much common sense as she has. Would be like asking AdWord for your money back because the traffic didn't convert as well as you thought it would.
 
im in the same field, but i would never sue either of the schools i went to. Of all the jobs ive had, niether of the schools helped me get any job. She probably trying to waltz into a net admin or DBA job without paying her dues. IE running cables working with small businesses and their dumbass owners.

I hope this gets google indexed so when employers search her name it shows up

EDIT: nm lol Search: trina thompson bronx ny
 
I think she is hoping to be able to get back her tuition fees and some extras so she can go on looking for a better paying job. I think that any graduates who can get a job in the job market is considered lucky, let alone whether the job is high paying or not.
 
those school is for ppl so retard that can't even get into community college. I know a guy who went to some similar school (berkeley college) and he took a course called "Financial Accounting I", where they teach you how to write a check and then balance your check book...............
 
None of the things I've done to make money have had anything to do with what I learnt at university. I went to get a broader education, challenge my own perceptions of certain things, have free access to one of the best research libraries in the country and a social experience.

If you go thinking you're going to get a job, and you do anything other than an engineering degree, you're deluded.