I'm interested in adding a third monitor to my setup. I used one of my spare monitors and tried adding it to the VGA out on my motherboard without any success. It doesn't even recognize the monitor.
This might be happening because my video card has dual DVI out connectors and I have my two monitors hooked up that way. I tried a DVI splitter off one of the connectors on the video card, but that didn't work either.
What must I do to install a third monitor?
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT: supercharge your graphics horsepower with this GPU at the perfect price and performance combination.
The motherboard is the one Dell supplied me with. I didn't do a custom build, but here's the parts list from the original order.
Quantity Parts # Part Description
1 M299G INSTRUCTION..., DEVIATE L6 TO L5+, Pentium 4 Prescott DT, 3.2GHZ, 1 MEGB, 800FSB...
1 D782J Processor, E5200, 2.5, 2MB Wolfdale, 65W, M0
1 G214H KIT..., DOCUMENTATION..., BINDER..., ENGLAND/ENGLISH..., Pentium 4 Prescott DT, 3.2GHZ, 1 MEGB, 800FSB..., DELL AMERICAS ORGANIZATION..., BRAZIL CUSTOMER CENTER...
1 M081R Kit, Software, Powerdvd, 8.2 Consumer
1 P005H Kit, Software, Roxio, 10.2-0, DellEdition
1 Y003D Assembly, Cable, Sony Phillips Digital Interface Format Extreme Performance System
1 P331X Assembly, Cable, High DefinitionMultimedia Interface, Nvidia
1 T269C Keyboard, 104, United States Multi-media, Consumer, Darfon Electronics, Corp
1 H426H Assembly, Dvd+/-rw, 16X, Half Height, Hitachi Lg Data StorageDvd-ram
1 K257H KIT..., Software, VHP32SP1A, DigitalVideo Disk Drive, Multiple, 5
1 J359K Card, Graphics, 9800GT, P117N
1 J661D KIT..., Mouse, Universal Serial BusLaser, Consumer, Logitech
1 J8461 Assembly, Cable, Video, Lead Free
1 H643R Hard Drive, 500GB, S2, 7.2K, SGT-PHAR
2 CM633 Dual In-line Memory Module 1GB, 800, 128X64, 8, 240, 1RX8
1 H857C Assembly, Heatsink, Fan, 65W MNTW/SLTW
1 XX785 ASSEMBLY..., CHASSIS..., MNTW, Pentium 4 Prescott DT, 3.2GHZ, 1 MEGB, 800FSB..., NON PFC..., PWA INTEGRATED...
This might be happening because my video card has dual DVI out connectors and I have my two monitors hooked up that way. I tried a DVI splitter off one of the connectors on the video card, but that didn't work either.
What must I do to install a third monitor?
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT: supercharge your graphics horsepower with this GPU at the perfect price and performance combination.
The motherboard is the one Dell supplied me with. I didn't do a custom build, but here's the parts list from the original order.
Quantity Parts # Part Description
1 M299G INSTRUCTION..., DEVIATE L6 TO L5+, Pentium 4 Prescott DT, 3.2GHZ, 1 MEGB, 800FSB...
1 D782J Processor, E5200, 2.5, 2MB Wolfdale, 65W, M0
1 G214H KIT..., DOCUMENTATION..., BINDER..., ENGLAND/ENGLISH..., Pentium 4 Prescott DT, 3.2GHZ, 1 MEGB, 800FSB..., DELL AMERICAS ORGANIZATION..., BRAZIL CUSTOMER CENTER...
1 M081R Kit, Software, Powerdvd, 8.2 Consumer
1 P005H Kit, Software, Roxio, 10.2-0, DellEdition
1 Y003D Assembly, Cable, Sony Phillips Digital Interface Format Extreme Performance System
1 P331X Assembly, Cable, High DefinitionMultimedia Interface, Nvidia
1 T269C Keyboard, 104, United States Multi-media, Consumer, Darfon Electronics, Corp
1 H426H Assembly, Dvd+/-rw, 16X, Half Height, Hitachi Lg Data StorageDvd-ram
1 K257H KIT..., Software, VHP32SP1A, DigitalVideo Disk Drive, Multiple, 5
1 J359K Card, Graphics, 9800GT, P117N
1 J661D KIT..., Mouse, Universal Serial BusLaser, Consumer, Logitech
1 J8461 Assembly, Cable, Video, Lead Free
1 H643R Hard Drive, 500GB, S2, 7.2K, SGT-PHAR
2 CM633 Dual In-line Memory Module 1GB, 800, 128X64, 8, 240, 1RX8
1 H857C Assembly, Heatsink, Fan, 65W MNTW/SLTW
1 XX785 ASSEMBLY..., CHASSIS..., MNTW, Pentium 4 Prescott DT, 3.2GHZ, 1 MEGB, 800FSB..., NON PFC..., PWA INTEGRATED...