Third Monitor

This is a question for tomshardware not wickedfire.

And dude, if you can afford a new computer you gotta go custom. The folks on the tomshardware forum help n00bs pick out parts for new rigs in the system builds forum. You just need a friend who knows how to put everything together or learn it yourself.

A dell does not cut it when you're a full time affiliate.

I've built many. I went with Dell outta convenience, plus I used a corporate discount and couldn't put the same system together for the same price, or I would have.

You may be able to use the onboard vga along with the card by going into the bios and seeing if the onboard is set to disabled.

Tried it.

Thanks for the suggestions all. Looks like I'll go with Josh's (johu) suggestion.
 


Got like 4 custom PCs, 3 for me, 1 for employee. Core i7 and i5 ftw & all Oc'd to 4.0+. 3 monitors might be counter productive, I have a 30 inch monitor, and its too fucking big.
 
Never heard of PCI ports being "locked" in the bios. But would seem to be possible to change (just hold one of the function keys, I think f5, at startup).

Dell is notorious for this. You can't change anything in the BIOS, any other card except a video card will work in that slot. Dell also does nice things like installing proprietary power supplies so that when you replace them with an off-the-shelf one it fry's your motherboard (power and ground pins were swapped). I have a lot of Dell stories.