This guy is bad ass...

I haven't had any bad experiences with cops at all personally, but I do remember from my high school reunion realizing that every last class bully and asshole with an inferiority complex turned out to be a cop or fireman. Every last one, bar none.

Meanwhile all the hotties turned out to marry rich ppl, and all of the smart people moved at least 1,000 miles away, no less. Most of us didn't even show that night... I was just too curious about one chick but I digress...
 


So, you watched some youtube videos of cops being dicks, or you had a bad experience with one perhaps.

And your conclusion is that all (or most) cops are bullies and/or have inferiority complexes? Have you actually done any research on why people become cops, or is youtube your primary source?

For the record, I don't know any cops personally. I'm just trying to point out how ridiculous your logic is.

And as an aside, who would put all the black people in jail if it weren't for cops? Somebody's gotta do it...
Let me just say, I don't know anyone whose parents are in the police (as far as I know).

But, let's assume it's the same sort of thing as the army. Similar types of people join the army as join the police force.

2 schools I went to were both quite close to a major military base. As a result, a lot of people whose parents were in the military were sent there. It was probably around 25-30% army parents. (just a guess)

Now, every single person (bar one) I knew, and still do, with parents in the army, was a total cunt. They acted like total douches, they started fights, and were mostly in the bottom set for all their classes. (fitting all the army stereotypes)

90% of them planned to join the military. The schools can't be blamed for their behaviour, either, 99% of people without army parents were totally fine.

There's always a reason a stereotype exists.
 
So, you watched some youtube videos of cops being dicks, or you had a bad experience with one perhaps.

And your conclusion is that all (or most) cops are bullies and/or have inferiority complexes? Have you actually done any research on why people become cops, or is youtube your primary source?

For the record, I don't know any cops personally. I'm just trying to point out how ridiculous your logic is.

And as an aside, who would put all the black people in jail if it weren't for cops? Somebody's gotta do it...

Just out of curiosity, who in your family is a cop? It's painfully obvious someone in your family that you love dearly is a cop, which is fine, I'm just curious who?
 
Just out of curiosity, who in your family is a cop? It's painfully obvious someone in your family that you love dearly is a cop, which is fine, I'm just curious who?

I have no family or friends who are cops. I've had at least a couple experiences where cops were huge dicks. I've also had really good experiences with cops being helpful and generous. I just think it's ridiculous that you guys are claiming that the majority of cops became cops because of being a bully or feelings of inferiority....based on nothing but your own personal experiences or isolated incidents. Maybe that is the case (ie you are right about the majority of cops' motivations for doing their job), I have no idea and don't pretend to know. I certainly know that I'm not in a position to know anything about what makes cops want to becomes cops, and neither are any of you.
 
Why aren't Harvard graduates cops and soldiers?

Don't want to rain on your parade, but many Ivy Leagues and other top schools (Stanford, Duke, etc.) have ROTC programs that produce many officers for our military. On top of that, the service academies (West Point, Annapolis, USAFA) are very competitive and the cadets have much higher SAT scores and GPAs than the average American (which usually translates to higher IQ--not always, but generally).

The lower enlisted ranks are just robots/zombies that follow orders anyways, so you don't need the privates, corporals, and specialists to be super intelligent. (Yes I do have experience in the U.S. Army--I don't think I'm an idiot--at least I hope I'm not lol).

Now with cops, I'm in agreement with you. Don't know a single "smart" person who chose to become a cop. Either way, making the land lawless isn't going to help the situation IMO.
 
I've also been in situations where I have been harassed by cops for no reason.

One particular time I was driving late at night, got pulled over, and the cops accused me of having drugs with THEIR GUNS POINTED AT ME. They were going to call in for a search warrant or whatever on my car, but I seriously had nothing, so I just told them to go ahead. They tore my car apart. Of course, there was nothing there. As it turns out, I was simply driving through a high drug area at the time. I guess when I made a U-turn in a parking lot, the cops thought was some sort of "code" for the buyers to come out to my car. At least, thats what they told me.

Another time, I was walking across a crosswalk (when the light was clear for pedestrians to walk) and the cop sitting in his car at the intersection told me to "hurry the fuck up". Then he got out of his car and started yelling at me. He must have been having a bad day, but that behavior is not acceptable for people who are supposed to protect and serve us, especially when I was doing nothing and just crossing the road (not even jaywalking).

I have more stories from friends and family. I just wish police wouldn't abuse their power, however they are a necessary evil in the society we live in.