This is Totally Fucked Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

marfarma

Not Your Bitch
Jul 24, 2008
217
10
0
Some dirtbag has gotten hold of one of my credit card numbers and has been using it to sign me up for continuity offers. I found out because he signed me up for Proactive and I just received the first shipment.

When I checked with the fraud dept of the CC company I found that he had signed me up for Reunion.com, Netflicks and Napster memberships. He also tried to purchase $1K of merchandise from Crew.com in the UK, but was declined. I had all the charges reversed and the account has been closed.

Obviously some asswipe affiliate marketer got paid for those signups. But will they pay out?

Can credit card identity thieves really make money from fraudulent continuity program signups? It seems to me their account would be flagged for excessive fraud before the network ever paid out, no?
 


MasterCard Security actually just called me today and somebody from Saudi Arabia tried to hit my card for $2500, WTF. Apparently they tested a $10 charge first, then went for the gusto. Yeesh, at least they caught it right away though and took action!
 
They only hit my card for a few hundred dollars, they didn't get any private information just your card and CV2 #.
 
marfarma, they probably used their own affiliate account to get the commission on the signups. This gives you an avenue for tracking the fucker down.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.