This song gets me pumped!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--3XGFLyxKs"]Donald Trump endorses pyramid scheme.[/ame]

Donald Trump endorses "multilevel marketing" aka pyramid scheme.
 


With all our advances in technology and easy access to vast amounts of knowledge, we still somehow.. cannot get anyone over the age of 35 to accept that other generations have there own taste in music, and perhaps theirs wasn't the "best of all time".

I love Van Halen, the doors, Béla Fleck, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, 38 Special, Def Leppard, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Stevie Ray Vaughan etc.

But I also love Skrillex, Manchester Orchestra, Nero, Lil wayne, Childish Gambino, Mumford and Sons, Drake, Wiz Khalifa, Ratatat, Jay-Z and 100+ others.

Because I'm not a cynical asshole and can appreciate more then one type of music.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Vhaeos and Yaxxx
With all our advances in technology and easy access to vast amounts of knowledge, we still somehow.. cannot get anyone over the age of 35 to accept that other generations have there own taste in music, and perhaps theirs wasn't the "best of all time".

I love Van Halen, the doors, Béla Fleck, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, 38 Special, Def Leppard, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Stevie Ray Vaughan etc.

But I also love Skrillex, Manchester Orchestra, Nero, Lil wayne, Childish Gambino, Mumford and Sons, Drake, Wiz Khalifa, Ratatat, Jay-Z and 100+ others.

Because I'm not a cynical asshole and can appreciate more then one type of music.

When I get a diverse group of people together there is usually someone complaining about the music I put on.

When we like something we want to share it with others. It’s annoying when people don’t “get it” so we write them off as cynical, narrow minded or as having shitty taste (guilty myself). Really we are frustrated that preferences aren’t aligning.

I have to agree that people who listen to the music of their youth EXCLUSIVELY are annoying. The mullet-sporting ex. captain of the high school football team that still drives his beat-up IROC Z28 somes to mind. Blast out of the time warp, duder.
 
With all our advances in technology and easy access to vast amounts of knowledge, we still somehow.. cannot get anyone over the age of 35 to accept that other generations have there own taste in music, and perhaps theirs wasn't the "best of all time".

I love Van Halen, the doors, Béla Fleck, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, 38 Special, Def Leppard, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Stevie Ray Vaughan etc.

But I also love Skrillex, Manchester Orchestra, Nero, Lil wayne, Childish Gambino, Mumford and Sons, Drake, Wiz Khalifa, Ratatat, Jay-Z and 100+ others.

Because I'm not a cynical asshole and can appreciate more then one type of music.

I agree, anyone who listens to their generation's music exclusively is an annoying idiot. However, that includes the current generation as well, especially them.

I wasn't alive for any of the classic bands you mentioned but I'll be the first to tell you The Doors had exponentially more talent than anything you hear when you turn on the radio today, so nostalgia isn't the only factor. I think there's been a genuine decline in the quality of mainstream music, today's most talented artists are on the sidelines.

Yeah popular music has always been diluted and shallow but lately it's just so blatant. There's always been songs about smoking weed and making money but entire albums dedicated to it? Entire genres? The average person's taste in music is very unrefined so the music industry is allowed to get away with being lazy. The fact that the kid in OP's vid became wildly successful is just sad, I want to respect him but I just can't, boasting =/= lyrics.

BTW I'm not some hipster who only listens to indie and classic bands, I've enjoyed my fair share of rap, techno, hell even dubstep has it's moments, I just can't bring myself to respect an artist with no substance, talent, passion, or skill in their 'craft'. I will totally agree that older folks are very close-minded when it comes to music and won't give anything new a chance, but this new generation is just as close-minded and decades from now they'll still be listening to lil' X mumble about their earnings.
 
I have nothing but respect for the classics, but its beyond me how you rock n roll cats can listen to the same fuckin song for like 30 years and not get bored. I know this was great music and I Love the fact that you can be nostalgic and enjoy some old favorites ... but why hate on getting on with the times and enjoying all the new music out these days ( not saying that mac miller is ) but even if he is your cup of tea there is nothing wrong with it.

Well I'm only 25, so it's still relatively new to me. Nevertheless, music with complex melodies and quality songwriting never gets boring. It's the formulaic bullshit you hear today that gets old really quickly.

I'm not hating on all new music, I'm hating on the TRIPE at the top of this thread.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZazEM8cgt0]Frank Zappa explains the decline of the music business - YouTube[/ame]
 
IMO most people get to around 30 and never listen to any new music, so you've got old dudes into rock n roll / swing etc, Elvis and Beatles fans in their 60s/70s, punks in their 50s, Queen / Dire Straits etc in their 40s.

In 20 years time you'll have people in their 40s who won't listen to anything but Rihanna.
 
IMO most people get to around 30 and never listen to any new music, so you've got old dudes into rock n roll / swing etc, Elvis and Beatles fans in their 60s/70s, punks in their 50s, Queen / Dire Straits etc in their 40s.

In 20 years time you'll have people in their 40s who won't listen to anything but Rihanna.

Depends on how important music is to them - most people aren't really, really into it, they just listen to it to pass the time. These are the people who buy whatever's popular. (No problem with that, they're just not that into it).

If you're really into music, you'll listen to anything that's interesting no matter how old you get. It might not be entirely to your taste, but you can always appreciate it.
 
countless pioneers of music from hundreds of years ago are rolling in their graves.

I never got why hip hop/rap became so popular. Nothing like a teenage kid in shitty clothing talking about how he doesn't give a fuck about anything and wants to bang girls and smoke pot all day. what a cool guy.

Agreed.

This song sucks balls OP. How anyone can listen to this shit more than one time is beyond me.

(But good for Mac Miller.. if it sells, it sells. I would produce dog shit on camera too if it made me millions)
 
With all our advances in technology and easy access to vast amounts of knowledge, we still somehow.. cannot get anyone over the age of 35 to accept that other generations have there own taste in music, and perhaps theirs wasn't the "best of all time".

I love Van Halen, the doors, Béla Fleck, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, 38 Special, Def Leppard, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Stevie Ray Vaughan etc.

But I also love Skrillex, Manchester Orchestra, Nero, Lil wayne, Childish Gambino, Mumford and Sons, Drake, Wiz Khalifa, Ratatat, Jay-Z and 100+ others.

Because I'm not a cynical asshole and can appreciate more then one type of music.

Nah I'm under 35 and I still think their music was the best of all time.
 
This song makes me want to kick babies.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FmIpE-Y6zY]funny video fat girl singing - YouTube[/ame]
 

HAHA That song is a guilty pleasure for me. Waka Flocka might have the IQ of Shaqs FT%, but dude can rock some hype shit.


IMO most people get to around 30 and never listen to any new music, so you've got old dudes into rock n roll / swing etc, Elvis and Beatles fans in their 60s/70s, punks in their 50s, Queen / Dire Straits etc in their 40s.

In 20 years time you'll have people in their 40s who won't listen to anything but Rihanna.

People connect with the music in which they had the best experiences or memories. They tend to like music they heard when they were younger because it reminds them of happier days. People generally get unhappier as they age so they fucking hate that reminds them of the current times when life is shit. Just like when people say that the most memorable tunes of one's life comes when the person is copping the most pussy and/or dick (gay webmaster forum) in their lives.
 
Dude actually has a decent flow, and is most definitively "talented", regardless of whether you like his music personally. This song is pop music for airplay (I still dig it and put it on blast weekly), but the kid is talented lyrically...most people cannot "flow" the way he does. He's not amazingly gifted with words like someone like Yelawolf or Eminem, but he honestly probably has more fans than Yelawolf...for that reason alone.

People hate on Yelawolf and tell me they just can't get into him as his delivery style is so unique. IMO he is a "rapper's rapper". If you are into writing hip hop music/freestyle poetry/lyricism etc...Yelawolf is fucking CRAZY on some of his tracks. Dude does some crazy shit with words, I love it...but I totally understand why some of my friends can't get into him (and these are friends that like rap music in general). Hell, i can only take so much of Yelawolf, but you gotta respect people that have put time into perfecting their craft.

People hate on lil wayne all day, but I will never do that as a fan of rap music because the dude is MAD talented lyrically. He makes A LOT of absolute shit music, but every now and then he'll drop something amazing. I'm sure he's busy writing for all his label too, nicki minaj and all them sure as hell aren't writing those lyrics lol.

tldr: Respect Mac Miller as hustler AND a lyricist
 
I've always found Mac Millar to be kinda corny. Seems like he's riding Khalifa's coattail. Same label, lots of the same production, only lamer. I feel like this is a decent example of his corniness.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnAbszcy3bs]Mac Miller - Kool Aid & Frozen Pizza - YouTube[/ame]

Production on this song is good.. I just really don't appreciate him as a lyricist.
 
mac miller fans:
ghetto.jpg
 
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Teaft0Kg-Ok]Nerdy white kid KILLS "Look at Me Now" (Mac Lethal) - YouTube[/ame]