I try to avoid watching the news but my gym always has Fox and CNN on, so today's the first I've heard about that 13 year old kid who ran away from chemo (and more importantly, his reasons).
If he were older and wanted to pursue "natural, holistic" cancer treatments, I'd say fuck him and his stupidity. The problem here is that his parents are retards and he trusts them, so he's running from effective treatment.
I'm in no way in favor of the government forcing chemo into the veins of an unwilling child, but the question is whether or not he'd still be unwilling if his parents hadn't force-fed him their alternative medicine bullshit?
If he were older and wanted to pursue "natural, holistic" cancer treatments, I'd say fuck him and his stupidity. The problem here is that his parents are retards and he trusts them, so he's running from effective treatment.
I'm in no way in favor of the government forcing chemo into the veins of an unwilling child, but the question is whether or not he'd still be unwilling if his parents hadn't force-fed him their alternative medicine bullshit?