to all you people fretting about ADHD ...

wezcountry

New member
Aug 31, 2009
1,788
22
0
In the EUSSR
Apparently ADHD linked to genius, according to this report on bbc.co.uk

Quote: ""People with ADHD have symptoms of inattentiveness, but they often also have a capacity to hyper-focus on a narrow area that is of particular interest to them. Clearly ADHD is not a guarantee of genius, but the focused work-rate that it produces may enable creative genius to flourish."
 


"ADHD is generally regarded as a disadvantage in life, with its characteristic traits of inattentiveness leading to problems at school and home."

Basically, if you don't enjoy being told by adults what to learn and enjoy, and then don't enjoy spending 40 years of your life sitting in a cubicle being told by another person what to do, then I'm sorry, but you're weird.

Sir Ken Robinson: Bring on the learning revolution!
 
Apparently ADHD linked to genius, according to this report on bbc.co.uk

Quote: ""People with ADHD have symptoms of inattentiveness, but they often also have a capacity to hyper-focus on a narrow area that is of particular interest to them. Clearly ADHD is not a guarantee of genius, but the focused work-rate that it produces may enable creative genius to flourish."

Clearly, I am the Einstein of porn.
 
Last edited:
adhd and manic depression have similar traits in the sense that they both suck, but are marked by very poignant periods of success/focus/happiness

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I have a friend who has been suffering from depression since she was a child... she's on meds for it now, but still has days where she's extremely happy and then days where she's extremely sad. As for me, I'm at a pretty consistent level of happiness all the time. What's the better option? Massive highs with massive lows or a consistent mediocre average.