Trends Online in the Coming Years



NotSureIfSerious.jpg
 
The time I stopped posting was the fall of 2007 when I started building out my blog and forum. At the time I wanted to start my own affiliate program so I went to work for a law firm to learn the inside ropes of the legal industry and study what makes lawyers tick. At first, I didn't use Google Adsense and went direct to lawyers for banner space.

In fact, many old school affiliates like Lerchmo and others here on the Fire used to bust my balls for the way I ran my operation. Saying it cant be done and I am an idiot. It used to piss me off and I had something to prove to the world and the nay sayers. They actually gave a me a lot of motivation to say, F You, I can do this and you're the lame one. So, I made a decision to focus 110% on this venture.

Soon after, I started my own company doing loan modification processing and mortgage audits. That was a nightmare and I hate having 60 employees and $250,000 a month over head. I did that a year or so and shut down to work from home. Best decision I ever made.

By the way, where is Lerchmo? Anyone see that guy so I can rub this in his affilaite face?
 
New Trends-

1. Self education. You can't get the loans to stay in college, your parents are broke and no employer is going to invest in you. You have to learn it and get certificated in it. New (or little known) ways of doing this will make it big. And there are going to be ways to monetise this.
2. Post retirement careers. All those people who are told that their pension funds are blown and their employer doesn't want them back, at least on their old terms. There's going to be more spending power (as they're working) but there's bound to be a lot of resentment there that can be harnessed.
3. Really unprepared small business people. There are people who don't want to start a business who are going to have to because the regular jobs are going to dry up. This new wave of half-way business people, these freelancers, franchise owners and small time bosses are going to need loads of help to live the un-dream.
 
DIY Investing: People are pissed that their 401k was blown to hell the past couple of years and they sure aren't going to trust Wall St. to set everything right. Signs of this trend are already present in recent advertisements from big brokerage firms - aiming for a Main St., small-town feel - Fidelity's "guidance from Fidelity" ads come to mind. There are going to be ways to monetize this while truly helping people invest for a safe and stable financial future.