i've been having some problems with fb traffic as well. i started getting really good CTR and bid prices, and slowly but surely each day my traffic volume is going down and my bid prices are going up...no idea why.
This is obv something that differs depending on the demo and EPC, but just a ballpark figure.. how high do the CTR have to be, minimum? 0.1x? 0.2x?
and it'd be really nice (uh right we're on wickedfire) i meant dick-awesome if you'd say what a good CPM bid would be! i guess you can work with everything under $0.10 in CPC, but what's ok in CPM, everything under $0.3 or something like that?
CPM does saturate quickly but you won't have any problems getting volume. You can easily spend 4 figures a day in advertising and I wouldn't be surprised if there are people spending 5 figures a day on Facebook.
Anyways, I'll throw a nugget out there for CPM bidding. BID HIGH!
If it recommends you bid from 0.08-0.12 CPM to get impressions bid 0.14. Why? For some reason if you bid high in CPM you actually get a higher CTR (I think Facebook might put your ad higher on the page if you bid high but I have no way in confirming this).
If you don't believe me, write 2 ads that are the same. Bid low for one and bid high for the second one. Now watch which one is getting the cheaper clicks.
I found this out through alot of trial and error so hopefully some people find this helpful.