United Airlines Kill Dogs



Who the hell puts a dog on a plane and expects a live animal to come out the other end? The only way I'd take one is in a pet carrier in the cabin, and even then I'd think twice about it.
 
You probably eat smarter animals than that dog on a daily basis. Selective compassion/anthropomorphizing FTW.

The intelligence is irrelevant. I probably do. I don't even own a dog or particularly like dogs.

When you own a pet you build a bond with it, they didn't do their job and someone's pet was killed.

When you put an animal on a plane, do everything yourselves correctly, you expect it to be safe.
 
The intelligence is irrelevant. I probably do. I don't even own a dog or particularly like dogs.

When you own a pet you build a bond with it, they didn't do their job and someone's pet was killed.

When you put an animal on a plane, do everything yourselves correctly, you expect it to be safe.

Have you ever seen baggage handlers at work? The poor creature probably got dropped from the back of the plane in his crate.
 
My wife runs a Rescue for dogs, and we fly adopted dogs all over the country, multiple times each week.

We have not had any complications regarding health, although there have been lengthy delays on the ground during connections, and the employees of Delta always alert us to the delay, and have even walked our pups during them.

Dogs dying on flights is certainly a risk. Its possible for a dog to become so enveloped in fear that it causes death. I would certainly be distraught if this were to ever happen to one of our rescues. I wouldnt know how I would personally handle it.

If it was handled as described in that blog post by the airline employees, I would have lost it.