Vent: Can't find a decent developer

Status
Not open for further replies.


[...]
Then instead of writing a big boner of a detailed spec, I discuss with him what I want and then let him recommend the best ways to solve the issues.

That's how I like to work with my clients - and I bet they also like to do so. I discuss with them, recommending them several options and which one is, from my point of view, the best-performing and most clever one.

Then the client chooses. But (s)he always gets what (s)he wants. Why? Because they won't get features they will never use or the apps would lack features they would have loved to have.

If you aren't capable of giving advice to your client, then they will almost never be satisfied. Both because they aren't getting what they wanted to, and because it means you aren't experienced enough to deal directly with clients, understand their desires, and fulfill them exceeding their expectations.

Then they'll order again and again and you'll have a client for life. And someone who recommends you to his colleagues & relatives, thus giving you lots of work.
 
urgh.. we are looking for a developer to work for us. Like in-house, live web dev.

Seriously, some of the people that are applying...

Of course we have the typical "I wanna be a designer" type, which we have to turn down.

But we get people who attended a frontpage course and think they are a web developer now.

ARGH!

::emp::
 
Status
Not open for further replies.