Want to help my cousin out, ideas?



If you really are sincere, you will do the work yourself and find something custom suited to him and his personality instead of asking for generalizations from a group of people that don't know him.
 
It kind of sounds like he got stuck in a slump and can't get out. Show him, by example, what a REAL life is. If you are doing well, let him know about all of the freedom, cool stuff, etc, your lifestyle gives you. Maybe this will motivate him to change his lifestyle.
 
I did expect responses like yours,

He doesnt know about making money on the internet, this is my idea, to see if I can help him out.

I'm not asking for secrets either, just a few ideas. I'm guessing you dont have any though.

No I don't. Because you didn't give enough info. Like what game is he playing? Can he get credits for getting other people to sign up? Can he instant message other players with affiliate links?

Does he have enough brains to capture video of his game and post to youtube, you know "how to conquer level one" or "how to level up in game x"?

In this business, ideas are like assholes. Everybody has one. Best of luck in getting your *cough* cousin to actually DO anything.
 
If it helps him out, yeah. Nowt wrong with having green as one of lifes pleasures.

If you want to help him make some money that's ok, but at least try to steer him off pot. I'm all for smoking once in a while, but not for being a fucking pothead.
 
It kind of sounds like he got stuck in a slump and can't get out. Show him, by example, what a REAL life is. If you are doing well, let him know about all of the freedom, cool stuff, etc, your lifestyle gives you. Maybe this will motivate him to change his lifestyle.

Enthusiasm and motivation usually lasts for 24 hours... After that they get back to excuses... Others last little longer... They begin to work and after they get to something "hard" they quit...
 
I wish everyone that I like could be successful and free and not work some job they don't necessarily love, but that's just not realistic. You can't help everyone, or you will destroy yourself in the process of trying. He probably doesn't have the sort of self-motivational skills that are required to work on a site until it's making decent money.

Maybe you should create the site yourself and then pay him to post on it. However, I wouldn't make it about that one specific game. Doesn't seem like a good long-term investment.
 
Create a package to help WF users "beat the shit out of the G" by naming Farmville Characters the anchor text they want. Then pour some "secret sauce" over that then do some profile blasts.

If he creates a nice graphic in his post he will definitely get some immediate sales....make sure he charges a shit load so more people will think it is legit and buy it. DO NOT SEND OUT REPORTS or people will rip his shit off.
 
What kind of answer you were expecting?. The possibilities of doing something actually productive are virtually endless.

The most valid one is though, beat the shit outta him and unplugged him from the matrix for a week, and apply the same punishment once again if insists on doing the same thing all day.
 
Blogging about it is boring. Running a forum - a lot of effort. If he smokes weed all day and plays the game, chanced are, he is not going to write/moderate/do the whole bunch of other shit that comes with it.
I tried setting up a few "highly motivated and knowledgeable" people I know with some sites a while back, but once they see $3 they made writing/managing something for the whole first month, the motivation disappears - poof.
 
If it helps him out, yeah. Nowt wrong with having green as one of lifes pleasures.

It's okay when you're stable, healthy, and self-sufficient. Not when you're drinking your life away playing some of the worst games out there. Now if it was WOW it might be different.
 
If it helps him out, yeah. Nowt wrong with having green as one of lifes pleasures.

That's about the dumbest thing I've heard all week.

Here's how that would work.

1. You help him make more money.

2. He spends said money on weed.

3. Now, he's in the SAME SITUATION he is currently in.

4. Go to step one

The only thing that could possibly help him is change.