What Are The Best Internet Merchant Account/Gateway/All-In-One Solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jriddick

Stealth Assassin
Mar 8, 2010
228
4
0
I was going to go with Merchant.com, but it appears to have been bought by Authorize.

What are some good all-in-one solutions besides the obvious ones like Paypal, etc...?

I'm starting an ecommerce site, plus doing some selling on Ebay, so am looking for a way to process credit cards online without having to depend on Paypal.

Obviously I would be looking for the best deal, considering monthly payment, transaction percentage, etc...

Thanks.

female_artistic_nudes_4.jpg


tumblr_mem7rwMie61rnbnl2o1_1280.jpg


tumblr_mffa9dADSe1qbhsq8o1_500.jpg


turkish_harem_girls_14.jpg


tumblr_lwn4pihwzy1qzthomo1_500.jpg


tumblr_mf8oeroFRm1qk6cxfo1_1280.jpg


turkish_harem_girls_15.jpg


tumblr_mejy0rrDYA1qgtud0o2_1280.jpg


tumblr_mf2p0ssd3u1r17lfuo6_1280.jpg


Playboy_winter_girs_Christmas_gift.jpg


tumblr_mf416ediqT1rejfrgo1_1280.jpg


tumblr_mf2p0ssd3u1r17lfuo1_1280.jpg


tumblr_mfgjqmdrZu1rd6vl3o1_500.jpg


tumblr_md9odnaZhH1qdwh13o1_500.jpg


952974.jpg


turkish_harem_girls_1.jpg


exposition_by_mweiler.jpg


tumblr_mflsutv9bw1qaahzxo1_1280.jpg


952974.jpg


tumblr_mdocfd8HLT1qc3ldvo1_1280.jpg
 


I cant wait for stripe to expand outside of US and Canada...would be awesome to fuck paypal off for a bunch of stuff.
 
I too am interested in the answer to this, but specifically for a Magento site I am building for a UK based company in fashion retail.
 
So Stripe is the only other option? It seems kind of limited.

Any other solutions out there for a gateway/internet merchant account that I'm going to be using for both my ecommerce store and Ebay?
 
if you want to run a real business, get a real merchant account

paypal is great for BST and some light selling/trading but if you want to do big boy stuff you gotta get a merchant account. start by talking to your bank (TD/Wells/BOA) most will get you good rates.

If you get accepted you will get low interest rates, you can authorize and process any card you want, and the money will drop the next day.

or get FUCKED by places like paypal, intuit, square (ive used all, and liked them at one point) eventually
 
if you want to run a real business, get a real merchant account

paypal is great for BST and some light selling/trading but if you want to do big boy stuff you gotta get a merchant account. start by talking to your bank (TD/Wells/BOA) most will get you good rates.

If you get accepted you will get low interest rates, you can authorize and process any card you want, and the money will drop the next day.

or get FUCKED by places like paypal, intuit, square (ive used all, and liked them at one point) eventually

By far the best advice yet. You need a real merchant account. The only reason you wouldn't get one direct is because you don't have much volume or you just can't.
 
if you want to run a real business, get a real merchant account

paypal is great for BST and some light selling/trading but if you want to do big boy stuff you gotta get a merchant account.

By far the best advice yet. You need a real merchant account. The only reason you wouldn't get one direct is because you don't have much volume or you just can't.

There's an Australian online retailer called Kogan that turns over $100 million in revenue per year, they don't have a 'big boy' merchant account, they use Paypal only.

Paypal's credit card rates can't be beaten. I had a real merchant account for a couple of years, I closed it a few months ago and am using Paypal only, fuck banks.
 
Been using PayPal for 5+ years doing 100K+ per month.

Never had a single issue. Once you reach volume, you have a team of account managers available to assist you at a personal level. Their API destroys everything else in terms of ease-of-use.

Of course, my sites don't sell anything in a grey area that might result in freezes, so I have nothing to worry about. I've never heard of significant freezes for legitimate businesses.
 
Been using PayPal for 5+ years doing 100K+ per month.

Never had a single issue. Once you reach volume, you have a team of account managers available to assist you at a personal level. Their API destroys everything else in terms of ease-of-use.

Of course, my sites don't sell anything in a grey area that might result in freezes, so I have nothing to worry about. I've never heard of significant freezes for legitimate businesses.


You make two very valid points there.

Low volume Individual & Business accounts don't make PayPal enough money to HASSLE with high refund rates & complaints. So, it's easier to just freeze the accounts than for them to be chasing tons of tiny fires.

On the other hand, if you're doing enough Volume then they will keep working with you to fix problems. It's in "their" best interest to keep you with them once you're moving at least 6 figures a month through their processing.

I feel it's best to have Both a Merchant Account and Procesors like PayPal.

Just as you should NEVER rely on only ONE traffic source or stream of revenue, you should have at LEAST two or more different ways to process payments.


Just my two cents worth.
 
Stripe is good for an all-in-one. I personally use Moneris and they have been great.

PS: I've never seen so many HBB's in one opening post. Thank you kind sir, full boner achieved.
 
if you want to run a real business, get a real merchant account

paypal is great for BST and some light selling/trading but if you want to do big boy stuff you gotta get a merchant account. start by talking to your bank (TD/Wells/BOA) most will get you good rates.

If you get accepted you will get low interest rates, you can authorize and process any card you want, and the money will drop the next day.

or get FUCKED by places like paypal, intuit, square (ive used all, and liked them at one point) eventually

My credit is not good enough to be approved for a merchant account. That's why I'm asking what the other options are.
 
My credit is not good enough to be approved for a merchant account. That's why I'm asking what the other options are.

Look to Panama for high risk merchant account offerings. Anyone can get a proper merchant account, but you'll be paying around 5% for the pleasure. On the upside, you'll establish yourself with a processing track record that you can take to other processors 6 months to a year down the line.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.