What charity/charities do you support?

papajohn56

New member
Jun 16, 2008
7,254
211
0
SC
Good causes, anything like that. Giving your time, giving your money, etc?

I volunteer for local high school bands and write their music, it saves the band around $3000 per year. When I have money to give I like the humane society.
 


Donate monthly to the Grameen Bank - Microlenders.
They empower borrowers to build businesses and therefore build their own futures, rather than just give temporary handouts that are quickly squandered.
Check 'em out.
 
I am starting a charity to take doctors to remote coastal communities in the third world. Boat is almost built, doctors are lined up.
 
I plan to fly up to St. Judes and make a large donation, along with touring the hospital and hopefully bringing a bunch of presents for the kids. Been saving up, I think in the next year I'll be ready to do it.
 
I don't donate to charity but occasionally I give $1 to the homeless guy -- but first I make him break dance for me.
 
I'm active in the Big Brother/Big Sister program in my town. I feel like time is often more valuable than money. I also give back to my university a lot, monetarily at least right now.

For anyone looking for somewhere to volunteer, I highly recommend the Big Brother/Sister program, it is very rewarding
 
Heifer.org and independent stuff through Kiva.

I also do some local stuff, usually around the holidays. There's an adopt-a-family thing at Christmas, and I do a toy drive with some other local bikers. I used to work at a homeless shelter around the holidays but having two small kids and with my dad's health the last couple of years have just been around the family.


Frank