What do you do to Motivate yourself to work?

i get bored and must do something productive if i sit around doing nothing for a couple hours. pretty much always working on something. only look at a couple other websites besides wickedfire regularly.
 


Pick out a big ticket item you want. I think its good to have real goals. Tell yourself you want to buy a new house that costs x amount of dollars. Or pick out a new car / boat / etc. At that point you can tell yourself you can get it once you're making an extra grand a month (or more) regularly. I try and put my extra money back into our house (additions, landscaping etc.) rather than just blowing it.

Once you have one item, and you're able to easily pay for it, find something new and repeat the cycle. Obviously make sure you're banking some money.
 
I have the same problem, but when I start thinking about freedom, hot bitches, cars, vacations, no 9-5, monies, beaches/surfing all day, I tend to get pretty motivated.

The only problem is it only lasts so long before you slip back into unproductive mode.

I read somewhere that if you force yourself to do something for 3 weeks, it will start to become a habit.
 
Jokes aside, personally, I recommend forming a philosophy around your goals...

Mine is 'Persistant and Consistant Progress'.

I also buy plane tickets to random destinations, that keeps me motivated to keep the flow comin' in so I can make it back home.