What good books/cool stuff to get?

You're turning 18 dude, you should be thinking about partying, booze, drugs & pussy not fucking books and headphones. Cummon man!!
 


+1 for the 4 Hour Work Week book. I have the audio book which is cool to listen to while I work, I get sick of listening to the same old shit music so it makes a change.
 
The Rum Diary - Hunter S Thompson

I forgot the first time I read this book, but I remember it being the book that really made me want to work for myself. I'm not sure why. I read it at least twice a year.
Kk, thanks, I'll give it a look.
100% agree, and nah they aren't that thick at all
Ok, sweet, I might ask for those then :)
A kindle.

Serious.

::emp::
Kk, thanks :)

+1 for Kindle.

A years subscription to Audible.co.uk (download audio books to teh 'pod for listening when driving, walking, shopping - it's a great service.)

Some books I recommend (reading not listening - although you could probably listen to them off audible if you wanted):

(I consider the first 3 must reads and the top one is only a recent read, but I liked it a lot. Actually, I think they're all very import, with perhaps the exception of the last 2.)

Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco
Made to Stick by Chip and Dan Reese
Influence by Cialdini
Predictably irrational by Dan Ariely
Ogilvy on Advertising by David Ogilvy
The Magic of Thining Big by David Schwartz
Guerilla Marketing - Jay Conrad Levinson
Kk, thanks for your suggestions :) I'll add them to the list, Ogilvy on Advertising is something I've wanted to read for a while.

Thanks :)

Get a $500 facebook voucher and start balling yo
I'm not a fan of Facebook ads, and I already spend too much time on ads, I'd prefer reading material or something that's not at all related.
+1 for the 4 Hour Work Week book. I have the audio book which is cool to listen to while I work, I get sick of listening to the same old shit music so it makes a change.
Kk, thanks :)
What about some money for a jolly boys outing to somewhere like Ibiza with your mates (a la Inbetweeners). Something you will remember for ever, that is unless you do it every year anyway.
You're turning 18 dude, you should be thinking about partying, booze, drugs & pussy not fucking books and headphones. Cummon man!!
He said he didn't want money.

Money + 18th = Party
18th /= books or headphones

Simples

Yeah, since posting this, my mum said that she'll give me £200 (the normal budget is £150 per parent, but she's upping it for my 18th) cash for celebrations for my 18th. Still getting 1 or 2 small things from her, as well as more stuff from my dad.

Problem is though, with the £200, I'm not totally sure what to do. I'll explain the situation: I was at a school round here until I was 13, then I went to secondary school, which was a boarding school 2 hours away. I left when I was 16, and then stayed for 1 term at a school near me, then left to do AM full time. That was in december, and pretty much everyone else in my year still has a year left of school. So it's a bit difficult to do a lot, since my birthday is during the school term (although a fortnight later is half term) I was one of the oldest in my year, too, so the possibility of going to a club is a bit limited. I've asked someone who left in June if they wanna go to Amsterdam though.