What OS do YOU use?



snow leopard wwdc build. works like a gem. phase one doesn't start up but I can just use aperture for a while until they fix that.
 
Just sayin.

why do people fucking say this, we know you're "just sayin", because you wouldn't have said it otherwise you fuckwad moron.

I use OS X, but for nostalgia sometimes I boot a VM up of NeXTSTEP. When I help people set up new servers that need security, I do OpenBSD. I don't like Linux - the kernel is bloated and disorganized, and using Ubuntu on top of that just makes it one big mess.
 
Have Backtrack 4 and XP on one laptop, Fedora 11 on another. One of my desktops dual boots Fedora and XP and the other desktop is just XP.
 
I would use os x, but it's on my mac book air, which is as slow as the shit that comes out of my ass. Fuck the air, over heating SOB!!!
 
I use Windows Vista now.

I used Gentoo Linux for 4 years as my workstation OS before.
 
ubuntuc.jpg

I tri boot. Ubuntu linux is my main desktop and I have windows vista and xp for gaming and photoshop and whatnot.

I do lots of web development and PHP programming so it's nice to have linux at my fingertips.

papajohn56 said:
I don't like Linux - the kernel is bloated and disorganized, and using Ubuntu on top of that just makes it one big mess.

Great your retarded, congrats.
 
Great you're retarded, congrats.

;)

And no, I just don't like the kernel of Linux. Strayed too far from real UNIX, cluttered and slow compared to the kernels used in FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and NetBSD. Even Solaris is a better pick than Linux. Of course my opinion was formed from scientific computing.
 
;)

And no, I just don't like the kernel of Linux. Strayed too far from real UNIX, cluttered and slow compared to the kernels used in FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and NetBSD. Even Solaris is a better pick than Linux. Of course my opinion was formed from scientific computing.

Got me on the grammar I'll give you that. :angrysoapbox_sml:

Great it might not being the fastest thing since sliced bread but doesn't mean it can't make a great desktop environment. Considering the OP is switching from windows, yeah that'd be more of a fit don't you think?
 
Got me on the grammar I'll give you that. :angrysoapbox_sml:

Great it might not being the fastest thing since sliced bread but doesn't mean it can't make a great desktop environment. Considering the OP is switching from windows, yeah that'd be more of a fit don't you think?

What makes Linux easier is the amount of support out there for it. You don't have to necessarily recompile all your shit to get it to run on NetBSD on a SPARC.

Check this out: PC-BSD - Home

Edit: But good luck with ATI drivers on Linux.
 
just don't let this thread become an OS fanboy flamewar ^_^

I use windows 7 (rc). works great :)
 
;)

And no, I just don't like the kernel of Linux. Strayed too far from real UNIX, cluttered and slow compared to the kernels used in FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and NetBSD. Even Solaris is a better pick than Linux. Of course my opinion was formed from scientific computing.

Linux = Linux Is not UniX (I think the idea is to stray from unix).