What OS do YOU use?

I use Vista but my PC is geared for gaming. I've never had one single problem....ever.

So Pinocchio, did your nose damage your monitor after telling that one?! lulz
If that's the truth, and you weren't making a funny, consider yourself one the fortunate few.

We all know that using any Microsoft OS is like having sex with a fine looking women who has herpes. She needs to keep taking medicine and YOU better use protection or you too will be infected at some point.

With that being said, I use 2000 Pro, XP Pro, Vista Ultimate, and Win 7 RC on my systems. I keep full system backups of each on external hard drives. System Restore has been total SHIT for me. It's easier for "me" to just wipe the system drive and reinstall from my backup.

I'd have to say that my Windows 2000 Pro and Win 7 RC have been the most stable MS OS's for me so far.

When I do run 2 OS's on one of my boxes, instead of dual booting I just change my HD jumpers so that if there is a HD problem or something really malicious gets in, I still have access to the other OS on one of the other drives and can pull the data from all the drives relatively easily.
 


Maybe I've been lucky. I download...eh...stuff all the time too. Click strange .exe files that I hope are what they should be, have all kinds of cracks and stuff..

I never use any pre-installed stuff though. I use Firefox, media player classic, daemon tools, convertxtodvd, dreamweaver, and have 200gb of various games installed.

No problems.

The only problem I ever had was my last PC but it flew off the desk and tore the video card out of the mobo destroying the mobo itself. Oddly, the video card wasn't damaged one bit and I'm using it now haha.
 
Maybe I've been lucky. I download...eh...stuff all the time too. Click strange .exe files that I hope are what they should be, have all kinds of cracks and stuff..

I never use any pre-installed stuff though. I use Firefox, media player classic, daemon tools, convertxtodvd, dreamweaver, and have 200gb of various games installed.

No problems.

The only problem I ever had was my last PC but it flew off the desk and tore the video card out of the mobo destroying the mobo itself. Oddly, the video card wasn't damaged one bit and I'm using it now haha.


Sounds like we tread similar waters. I'm not much of a PC gamer, but I do run a lot of Beta versions of programs which I know contributes to my MS OS troubles.

I have an XP machine that's not connected to anything that I use for opening anything that seems REALLY suspect.

I'm glad to hear that your system runs smooth.

Your Video Card is interesting, back in the early 90's I had a 2GB Seagate HD that froze up on me. I took it apart and couldn't free it up. I got pissed and slammed it on the floor. When I picked it up the spindle was free but the heads had slid across the platters leaving light scratches. I put it back together and reinstalled it. There was NO data loss and I used it for another few years with no problems.


P.S. "I" like your Baby Alien Skeleton avatar, I don't why they were giving you shit about it in the other thread.
 
XP - stable as the physical laws of the universe after all the tweaks and precautions I take.

Only people who don't know how to use it properly have anything negative to say about it.
 
Aww I musta missed people giving me shit about the avatar haha.

It was in my Pictures folder for some reason, maybe an image I was using for Gal Civ 2.

It was either that or random pictures that come with Windows. I have nothing in my pictures folder at the moment since it's a newish pc.
 
I use Vista, and have never had any problems on any Windows product (Vista or XP). Never had the blue screen of death. Never had a massive hard drive failure. Never had any of the crap that people always complain about.

In fact the security is a little annoying. I went to use brutus to crack into somebodies server and I had to turn off the firewall because it kept on auto-deleting brutus whenever I tried to run it.

Besides that I use CentOS for servers.
 
You're CREEPING them out!!!

Aww I musta missed people giving me shit about the avatar haha.

It was in my Pictures folder for some reason, maybe an image I was using for Gal Civ 2.

It was either that or random pictures that come with Windows. I have nothing in my pictures folder at the moment since it's a newish pc.

Here's the link http://www.wickedfire.com/shooting-shit/63816-shady-door-door-alarm-system-salesmen.html

Chatmasta in post #7 started it because it looks like a DICK to him, and then Newjersey concurred with him calling it a Donger. LOL

Show some sensitivity to the Phalic-Phobe's. lulz
 
i switch OS's every few months cause i get bored and can't commit.
just put windows7 on the laptop, replacing OSX86. vista/xp/ubuntu in vmware.