What where you doing before IM?

Scheme

Banned
Nov 18, 2006
968
16
0
Dallas, Texas
Just curious about what you where doing before getting into the Affiliate Marketing shit? Seems like we all have pretty interesting backgrounds lets fucking share.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mr. Websites


night guard - shitty nightmares, alone :(
paper factory worker - robot job
went to army, when i got back:
stone mason - lifting heavy shit all day - made me a man :D
 
Taco Bell
Pizza Delivery Driver
Vacation Sales Telemarketer
Air Force
Semi-Pro Poker Player
Loan Officer
Piano Salesman

Also technically not an affiliate marketer. Well, I do a little. But sort of a freelance copywriter/consultant now.
 
Had little Adsense websites.. Started doing manual labour at 16. It sucked, but was the only job I could get that didn't require fixed hours so I could plan for bigger things (and work on online projects).. Lifted boxes, got cursed at lots, sucked it up and kept saving.. Reinvested every penny I made back into online. Simultaneously, doing dirty work at all these factories gave me a lot of insight into various businesses. Met a lot of hard-working people that were treated like crap, promised myself never to look down on anyone in my life.

Went to the best business university here on full scholarship, and with education covered took my interest-free student loans and dropped it into AM. Had an offer from a Big 4 accounting firm, but by this point money had really started rolling in.. Worked 18-hour days, didn't want to take things for granted and relax after the shit work I had done in the past.

Turned ~$20k I had scraped together (including student loans) into ~$5 million within the 1st year, took a leave and been doing what I love for several years now. :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: gbmack
"Turned ~$20k I had scraped together (including student loans) into ~$5 million within the 1st year, took a leave and been doing what I love for several years now. :)"

Damn! Props.
 
Had little Adsense websites.. Started doing manual labour at 16. It sucked, but was the only job I could get that didn't require fixed hours so I could plan for bigger things (and work on online projects).. Lifted boxes, got cursed at lots, sucked it up and kept saving.. Reinvested every penny I made back into online. Simultaneously, doing dirty work at all these factories gave me a lot of insight into various businesses. Met a lot of hard-working people that were treated like crap, promised myself never to look down on anyone in my life.

Went to the best business university here on full scholarship, and with education covered took my interest-free student loans and dropped it into AM. Had an offer from a Big 4 accounting firm, but by this point money had really started rolling in.. Worked 18-hour days, didn't want to take things for granted and relax after the shit work I had done in the past.

Turned ~$20k I had scraped together (including student loans) into ~$5 million within the 1st year, took a leave and been doing what I love for several years now. :)


Out of curiosity, what university did you go to?
 
Worked in a warehouse at a gun store saving to become a helicopter pilot, I only started IM as a way to make some extra cash but it quickly became my full time career.
 
Failing high school.


Started marketing in October 2009, quit HS April 2010, and let's just say it was well worth it.
 
Unless you count McDonalds at 14, I started online at 16 / 17.

Then decided I didn't want to work behind a computer, so went landscaping for a couple years. Then back into online, and have been here since.