What would you do if you have $50k and know php, seo, web design?



Well start an SEO company in the UK. The SEO is much much easier and they are selling websites for 2k to business owners (the websites are basic or standard maybe with some pretty colors). It would be a great investment.
 
I have so much idea if I knew php, but I don't so that's a bummer. Sorry I'm not gonna share it, lol.
 
15k = Build a tool for newbs to manage there local business adwords campaigns.
35k = Buy ads. Buy ads. Buy ads.

=== Residual profits.

Just a random thought. Still think there is tons of money in local business marketing outside of consulting.
 
15k = Build a tool for newbs to manage there local business adwords campaigns.
35k = Buy ads. Buy ads. Buy ads.

=== Residual profits.

Just a random thought. Still think there is tons of money in local business marketing outside of consulting.

The problem is that 99.8% of newbs fail and give up pretty quick so a rebill on any kind of legit biz opp product rarely goes as planned. You'd be better off selling them at a one time XXX or XXXX price which is why the biz opp gurus don't create rebills but sell their shit for 1997 brah
 
Interesting post OP.

About 3 years ago I had about 80k saved. I ended up buying a house with about 50k of that and the rest I've kept as a 'cushion'. I don't regret buying a house as I love where I live and it's gone up a ton in value (even in this market) ...

I would have however done things differently.

1. I would NOT have bought the house. Although a good investment in my case, with that 80k I could have done some creative things online.

2. I would NOT have taken another job. Even though i'm a partial partner, the pie is still split up and I depend on the decisions someone else makes. This particular venture might work out but reality is I could have done a lot more faster on my own.

Now with that said, it's pretty clear that blowing your wad on property, coke or hookers isn't likely to be the best move, but I'll let you ponder that one. I share a very similar skill set as you and then some but recently found myself thinking about this very question.

Regardless, I highly doubt you'd get the meal ticket idea here as anyone with an idea like that would already be monetizing it on their own. However what I can tell you is that if you don't have a job, you have free time and you have a wad of cash, you need to come up with an idea on your own.

So how do you get that idea... Well first I think it's important to do things that your passionate about. Something you like and really enjoy doing. Your already MILES ahead of most with your skill set giving you the ability to make your ideas a reality without having to have someone else do it as they won't put the same effort into it as you would.

This might not mix well with this group but whatever you do should tend to be something that will be long lasting and be something that you setup once and really only maintain or upgrade as needed once it gets rolling (MUSE). Think of 3 years from now and if that idea will still be relevant. No point in making something that will only last < 3 years as you don't want to do all this work for it to just dry up one day. Make sure no matter how stupid an idea that pops into your head that you write it down. It might be stupid but you can erase it later and it might even prompt other ideas. Don't be afraid to discuss ideas with family and friends as they can provide a POV that you don't see. Also try to keep your concept simple and easy, as we all know the average consumer on the internet is just dumb.

I think this is been part of my thought process, while thinking of my next step in life.

Anyway there is some food for thought.
 
Product Creation
The big money is owing a physical product and using your seo/marketing knowledge to destroy.
I totally agree, but I don't know how the hell I am going to find a GOOD product.

2 or 3 products. 20-30k
3-5 Authority site attempts 10k
200 "mfas" 10-20k
You don't create products, do you?

Well start an SEO company in the UK. The SEO is much much easier and they are selling websites for 2k to business owners (the websites are basic or standard maybe with some pretty colors). It would be a great investment.
My country is a GOLD for this biz. Very low competitions, 25M internet users, almost all of seo'ers know shit. However I don't like dealing with people. If I can find time in school break I can try this idea after delegating/outsourcing workers.

Interesting post OP.

About 3 years ago I had about 80k saved. I ended up buying a house with about 50k of that and the rest I've kept as a 'cushion'. I don't regret buying a house as I love where I live and it's gone up a ton in value (even in this market) ...

I would have however done things differently.

1. I would NOT have bought the house. Although a good investment in my case, with that 80k I could have done some creative things online.

2. I would NOT have taken another job. Even though i'm a partial partner, the pie is still split up and I depend on the decisions someone else makes. This particular venture might work out but reality is I could have done a lot more faster on my own.

Now with that said, it's pretty clear that blowing your wad on property, coke or hookers isn't likely to be the best move, but I'll let you ponder that one. I share a very similar skill set as you and then some but recently found myself thinking about this very question.

Regardless, I highly doubt you'd get the meal ticket idea here as anyone with an idea like that would already be monetizing it on their own. However what I can tell you is that if you don't have a job, you have free time and you have a wad of cash, you need to come up with an idea on your own.

So how do you get that idea... Well first I think it's important to do things that your passionate about. Something you like and really enjoy doing. Your already MILES ahead of most with your skill set giving you the ability to make your ideas a reality without having to have someone else do it as they won't put the same effort into it as you would.

This might not mix well with this group but whatever you do should tend to be something that will be long lasting and be something that you setup once and really only maintain or upgrade as needed once it gets rolling (MUSE). Think of 3 years from now and if that idea will still be relevant. No point in making something that will only last < 3 years as you don't want to do all this work for it to just dry up one day. Make sure no matter how stupid an idea that pops into your head that you write it down. It might be stupid but you can erase it later and it might even prompt other ideas. Don't be afraid to discuss ideas with family and friends as they can provide a POV that you don't see. Also try to keep your concept simple and easy, as we all know the average consumer on the internet is just dumb.

I think this is been part of my thought process, while thinking of my next step in life.

Anyway there is some food for thought.

You deserve a double thank you for your effort. Pretty much my thoughts..
 
I'm in a similar boat. I was going to buy a new s5, but I am putting the money to work instead of buying a depreciating asset. I'd rather roll the dice and take a risk instead of driving a luxury car for 30 minutes every day. Plus, I'm in a 2009. It's only a status symbol.



Long story short, find someone who knows what they are doing and complements your skills and go.
 
PHP, SEO, and web design - while great skills to have - won't get you very far.

What you need to do is learn how to market and sell. Then, you can take your $50K and put together a project whereby you pay others to code and design while you focus on your core strength (again, marketing and selling).
 
If someone can give me some tips or resources on finding/creating product it would be great. beside googlehammer :D

I watch Eben Pagan's niche selection videos, read related threads here and other similar forums and some blogs... but I couldn't find anything that actually help me to start, in other words, i don't know where to start.

@Pb.com, its hard to find someone who knows what theyre doing here.
 
Vegas 24/7

Fuck your PHP skillls. To be honest, that won't get you no where.

Just my 2 cents.
 
PHP, SEO, and web design - while great skills to have - won't get you very far.

What you need to do is learn how to market and sell. Then, you can take your $50K and put together a project whereby you pay others to code and design while you focus on your core strength (again, marketing and selling).


But If you have no idea how to code, how do you know that prices, timing and product these people are delivering is good?.
 
^ Well not only that, but coming from the guy that claims 24/7 is a good idea lol...

I think PHP is extremely powerful tool to have. I do admit, marketing and knowing how to push the product are much better tools to have.

Have the ability to come up with a very useful script and also know how to market that shit is a deadly combination. Also there is something to be said for being able to build your own tools to track traffic, etc.
 
PHP, SEO, and web design - while great skills to have - won't get you very far.

What you need to do is learn how to market and sell. Then, you can take your $50K and put together a project whereby you pay others to code and design while you focus on your core strength (again, marketing and selling).

Umm or he could code his own product (and stick with what is actually his strength) and pay someone else to market and sell?

I don't know where you got your idea from, but coding is a far more valuable skill to have than marketing. There is a reason coders (with no special entrepreneurial skills whatsoever) get $100k/yr right out of college.
 
Umm or he could code his own product (and stick with what is actually his strength) and pay someone else to market and sell?

I don't know where you got your idea from, but coding is a far more valuable skill to have than marketing. There is a reason coders (with no special entrepreneurial skills whatsoever) get $100k/yr right out of college.

Exactly.

I believe that for a beginner web programming + marketing is the best possible combination if you want to maximize your chances of making any money online.

I've been only getting deeper into PHP for the past few months but if I knew 3 years ago what I know now... well I don't even dare to think about that.