What's The Appropriate Title For A Local SEO Business Card?

The real question is what will help you pick up chicks when you give them your business card?
 


I would keep SEO out of the job title and go with something more general like "Internet Marketing Consultant." The people I write copy for that have companies like yours generally have multiple services and are constantly trying to expand into new areas. SEO only makes you look kind of limited.
 
Regardless of whether I'm the CEO I always put a lesser position on my business cards for a few reasons.

If I don't have an answer to their question, or I need time to think about something I can say "Let me get with XXX on that and get back to you" so I don't look stupid standing there without an answer.

On the flip side If someone is trying to pressure me into buying something, or using hard selling tactics I always have the out "Well I'm not the final decision maker, let me talk with XXX and get back to you. Do you have a card?"

I don't know what sort of image you're trying to portray but something like "SERP Consultant" or "SEO Expert" might work.

+1

I almost didn't answer since only the last picture was 'really' worth it BUT since you asked... :)

Full Color Glossy Business Card, Postcard, Flyer, Brochure, & Catalog Online Print Service - GotPrint Is the best company for getting high quality printing done really inexpensive.

Whatever you do, stay away from www.vistaprint.com.

Always put a low title on a card... Gives you lot more leverage and 'outs' as talked about above.
 
Regardless of whether I'm the CEO I always put a lesser position on my business cards for a few reasons.

If I don't have an answer to their question, or I need time to think about something I can say "Let me get with XXX on that and get back to you" so I don't look stupid standing there without an answer.

On the flip side If someone is trying to pressure me into buying something, or using hard selling tactics I always have the out "Well I'm not the final decision maker, let me talk with XXX and get back to you. Do you have a card?"

I don't know what sort of image you're trying to portray but something like "SERP Consultant" or "SEO Expert" might work.

This. And I like "V.P. of business development."
 
I'd worry more about having some legal agreement if you partnering with a friend so it never gets nasty down the road when you become successful.

Just put down "owner" for a title. Get more cards in the future if you don't like it.
 
Senior {marketing|advertising|getting shit done} {consultant|manager|executive}.

Seriously though, drop the internet/online shit, and make sure you include the senior bit.

Definitely don't drop the internet/online shit. Most places already have a solid offline marketing team/idea in mind, if you're card says "Senior Marketing Consultant" they aren't going to be wanting to work with you on an online campaign as they will think you specialize in print and tv/radio.


My cards just say Internet Marketing Consultant, I personally don't think you need to be putting senior/top dog any other shit in front of it. It only makes you look arrogant and it also looks like the client is going to be paying for a whole lot of extra fat in the company.

Only time I give them something else is when I am trying to land a whale.
 
Holy butter face bat man.

Oh and fuck labels.

YouTube - Your business card is CRAP!

This guy is a huge douche, but what he says is the truth IMO. I see a lot of the "ballers" here talking about the cheapest cards they can find. For example... Full Color Glossy Business Card, Postcard, Flyer, Brochure, & Catalog Online Print Service - GotPrint << any place that offers 5000 digitally printed business cards on 14pt stock for $33 is crap. Anyone that looks at them with an ounce of knowledge about printing is going to know that you spent $33 for 5000 digitally printed business cards and is going to see that they are crap.

You want your card to be something that doesn't just get tossed in the pile of other beige or cheap CMYK cards. If you want to impress you want your card printed on a proper press on heavy weight stock with real Pantone inks and finished with metallic inks, spot gloss, foils, embossing, letterpress, die cuts or thermography. Your branding should be consistent and you card should match the visual style of your website and other promotional materials.

Your card obviously isn't the sales tool, your pitch is, but after you've given that pitch about how great your work is and what a fantastic job you're going to do for a potential client you don't want to plunk down a card you spent all of 3/5ths of one cent on. Reinforce your pitch with something that says I'm good at what I do, and I can afford nice cards. It doesn't have to be pretentious, but it should look professional.

That being said, to answer the original question - I didn't put a title on my latest card. Anyone I give it to is going to know what I do because we've had the chance to speak one on one. You can also say on the card what your company does in a number of ways without having to label yourself.
 
Guess managing partner was the best gives you both an authority and an excuse to go back and ask your partner :D

i am in a similar situation but would only be starting a media firm now to run my aff business but later might get into local biz
 
I'm starting a local SEO company with my friend and was wondering what the correct title to put on the business card is.

Since we're not incorporated, President or CEO doesn't seem right.

We're not an llc yet, either, although that might happen further down the road.

Since it's a marketing and consulting company, we're thinking about just putting "Consultant" on the cards.

For those of you that have done local seo, what did you do regarding this?

All the other titles I've been thinking of just don't seem right.

Here's some fuel for the fire, bitches.









13.jpg

sunshine in just the right place... nice photography work here.

I was so distracted by this in particular that someone may have already recommended this and I missed it, but I'd keep it Internet consistent... maybe throw in something that peeps won't even truly understand, but that sounds good.

Like SEM Consultant

Anyway, back to the sunshine for me...
 
This guy is a huge douche, but what he says is the truth IMO. I see a lot of the "ballers" here talking about the cheapest cards they can find. For example... Full Color Glossy Business Card, Postcard, Flyer, Brochure, & Catalog Online Print Service - GotPrint << any place that offers 5000 digitally printed business cards on 14pt stock for $33 is crap. Anyone that looks at them with an ounce of knowledge about printing is going to know that you spent $33 for 5000 digitally printed business cards and is going to see that they are crap.

You want your card to be something that doesn't just get tossed in the pile of other beige or cheap CMYK cards. If you want to impress you want your card printed on a proper press on heavy weight stock with real Pantone inks and finished with metallic inks, spot gloss, foils, embossing, letterpress, die cuts or thermography. Your branding should be consistent and you card should match the visual style of your website and other promotional materials.

Your card obviously isn't the sales tool, your pitch is, but after you've given that pitch about how great your work is and what a fantastic job you're going to do for a potential client you don't want to plunk down a card you spent all of 3/5ths of one cent on. Reinforce your pitch with something that says I'm good at what I do, and I can afford nice cards. It doesn't have to be pretentious, but it should look professional.

That being said, to answer the original question - I didn't put a title on my latest card. Anyone I give it to is going to know what I do because we've had the chance to speak one on one. You can also say on the card what your company does in a number of ways without having to label yourself.

didnt read
 
This guy is a huge douche, but what he says is the truth IMO. I see a lot of the "ballers" here talking about the cheapest cards they can find. For example... Full Color Glossy Business Card, Postcard, Flyer, Brochure, & Catalog Online Print Service - GotPrint << any place that offers 5000 digitally printed business cards on 14pt stock for $33 is crap. Anyone that looks at them with an ounce of knowledge about printing is going to know that you spent $33 for 5000 digitally printed business cards and is going to see that they are crap.

You want your card to be something that doesn't just get tossed in the pile of other beige or cheap CMYK cards. If you want to impress you want your card printed on a proper press on heavy weight stock with real Pantone inks and finished with metallic inks, spot gloss, foils, embossing, letterpress, die cuts or thermography. Your branding should be consistent and you card should match the visual style of your website and other promotional materials.

Your card obviously isn't the sales tool, your pitch is, but after you've given that pitch about how great your work is and what a fantastic job you're going to do for a potential client you don't want to plunk down a card you spent all of 3/5ths of one cent on. Reinforce your pitch with something that says I'm good at what I do, and I can afford nice cards. It doesn't have to be pretentious, but it should look professional.

That being said, to answer the original question - I didn't put a title on my latest card. Anyone I give it to is going to know what I do because we've had the chance to speak one on one. You can also say on the card what your company does in a number of ways without having to label yourself.

Really, you should do both. You pass those cheapo ones out to people who are just asking for it on auto. You pass out the really posh ones when you're on your way to landing a client.

Edit: btw there are a couple of good business card threads around here. Also I belive there are a couple of good wf members that make up a mean set of cards. Can't remember who though atm.