Keeping up with the
tradition, what's the best way to make 500k in 2012?
Discuss.
I'd short most retailers selling similar products to Amazon/Big E-Commerce, especially those who are still expanding stores. ESPECIALLY those who cater to mostly male audiences. Women enjoy shopping, most Men don't.
Best Buy is already falling hard, I think there are other companies out there that will meet a similar fate.
Staples/OfficeMax comes to mind. Toys R US as well(although I think they may have a deal with Amazon for Toy distribution, look into this).
I think shorting GameStop is a great play, as I predict they will go out of business in 2-3 years. This is because Video Games are being sold as digital, downloadable copies more and more. I'm sure the next generation of consoles will support downloading digital copies of games, and that will be the nail in the coffin for GameStop.
I think Barnes & Noble is dead in 5 years as well.
Maybe Footlocker as well?
I only see tension escalating in the Middle East over the next year, so I like stock plays such as going long on oil.