Where do you look online for deals on HDTVs?

CLKeenan

Banned
Jun 24, 2006
2,506
14
0
Boston, MA
I'm looking at buying one and was wondering if anyone has a site they can recommend that lets me know of all of the deals that are going on.

Thanks,
-Chris
 


Taken a look at electronics wholesalers? I don't know of any in your area but here I found a few that are friendly to consultants with low volume accounts. Much better prices than big box stores.

To give you an example I got an account at supercom.ca. They're easily 30-50% off list price at Best Buy (generally 40% off on tvs) They're a local parts wholesaler. Returns sometimes suck because they don't always just pull something off the shelf for you. When I bought their first run of Samsung CLP-300N printers I had to RMA one, but they didn't get me my return until they had a palette of 16 to return to the manufacturer. That took 5 months.

Upside: Prices, having staff know what you're talking about.
Downside: Yearly fee, must have had a registered corp for 1+ years.
Bonus: List the item as a 'demo unit' or and you can skip sales tax.

Personally I'm waiting for SED before I buy a new TV.
 
FatWallet.com is where I get my deals. BestBuy reduced the price for Black Friday, but you can pre-order and they pricematch at the time of pickup.

Reserved a TV, showed up the day of the sale, picked up a $2k 52" Phillips for $800.

Kind of have to watch those forums every day though if you need something specific.