Where to stay for adtech?

redwings0921

New member
Apr 2, 2009
699
13
0
Arriving 11/8 and checking out 11/10. Never been to the Javits Center before. The W is booked. Where should I stay that is walkable to the convention?
 


I think there is a Hilton about 5 blocks up, but I don't think there are many options around the Javits Center. At least I don't remember last time I went. I usually cab it.
 
forget walkable if you are from out of town...

stay at the Thompson, Lower East Side...you will get a real taste of NYC - stay out of mid town unless you want to be around tourists and the other 300,000 people in town for other conventions and groups of asians with $5000 cameras neck.

the Thompson is very cool and not that bad in price. The Setai is also very nice.
 
forget walkable if you are from out of town...

stay at the Thompson, Lower East Side...you will get a real taste of NYC - stay out of mid town unless you want to be around tourists and the other 300,000 people in town for other conventions and groups of asians with $5000 cameras neck.

the Thompson is very cool and not that bad in price. The Setai is also very nice.

just booked my room at Setai,, pretty good reviews and 850 sqft!
 
Crowne Plaza in Times Square is where I stayed last year.

SHuttle bus runs from there to Javits as well if you don't want to cab it. It also isn't a ridiculously long walk either if you are up for it.