where to stay in philly?

webetricky

Banned
Oct 12, 2009
612
9
0
NY
So I'm going to philly for a few days for my gf's birthday in a couple weeks. I am trying to find a hotel thats not in the hood for under 200/night and its not going so great. There are some really cheap ones in mt. Laurel which is like a half hr away but id like to be walking distance from some decent nightlife. Any recommendations?

Also looking for shit to do during the day. I know they have a ton of museums amd landmarks, etc., but if anyone can recommend the cream of the crop thatd be cool.

And, whos got the best cheese steak?
 


best cheesesteaks in philly is Ishcabibble's on South street. Directly across the street from the TLA. Forget jimmy's and gino's.
 
A quick scan of hotels.com showed you can potentially book the Rittenhouse for around $200/night. I've heard good things about them. I've stayed at the City Center Ritz Carlton and I think both hotels are fairly close, so the location seems to be decent. I also saw a bunch of other hotels in CC like the Sheraton going for <$200. I'd definitely try and stay away from super-budget places if they are in bad areas, especially if you'll be walking at night. I haven't been to Philly in a few years though, so maybe it's not as bad now.
 
I am trying to find a hotel thats not in the hood for under 200/night and its not going so great.

What do you mean - "its not going so great"? Society Hill Sheraton would be in that price range and in the middle of everything. The concierge should hook you up on what to see.

If you decide you might want to catch a game while you're there, go to the Philadium Tavern on Packer Ave. A lot of the dudes that work for the stadiums hang out there and can turn you on to some sweet tix. Just ask any of the bartenders.
 
Thanks guys I appreciate the tips!

The prob with the hotel is I have never been there so I dont know what area is the best to be in, and all the $150ish hotels have reviews saying their in bad locations. Just trying to find the best bang for my buck without getting buttraped in some cheese steak stinkin back alley :)
 
Thanks guys I appreciate the tips!

The prob with the hotel is I have never been there so I dont know what area is the best to be in, and all the $150ish hotels have reviews saying their in bad locations. Just trying to find the best bang for my buck without getting buttraped in some cheese steak stinkin back alley :)

Just try and stick to Center City and you'll probably remain an anal virgin.
 
probably the best place to stay in philly is outside of philly...

Haha yeah i know..half an hr away and the rates go under 100. Then i have to go pay for parking and bullshit anyway tho so I dont know if that even works out to be better. From what Ive read its 30-40 to park in the city...

Any other day time rec's? Were probably going to be checking out a lot of the museums and historical attractions.
 
I actually live right on the border of Mount Laurel. I am in marlton. If you are looking for somewhere close, look for something on rt 70. I know theres a place called the loft. Its brand new and seems pretty badass. I work like a quarter of a mile from there. And your talkin about 20 minutes to philly. It's not bad at all
 
Last two times I staid down for a few days, Staid at the Embassy Suites at the Airport and Drove in, and the Radisson Plaza Warwick...Can't say what the rates were becasue I was on TDY and we pay Govt Rates but I think it's worth checking the Warwick out I remember it was pretty close to everything and nice.

B~
 
Nice, thanks man! Btw, where can I find Paddy's Pub?

I just went to Philly a few weeks ago to watch my roommate who was flying in the Redbull Flugtag as Snooki from the Jersey shore. That suit was awesome but the nightlife was fucking great too. We ended up spending a long part or our night in a dance club that was apparently for Asians. which, of course, we didn't realize till we we had paid the ridiculous $25 for a round of Pabst cans and headed to the back lounge where we found a group of hot Asian women all fulfilling their lolipop dick sucking fetish. We had to stay till at least our beers were done...

Anyway, we found a great hotel, the Comfort Inn, that's literally a 3 minute walk to Paddys Old City Pub. It's definitely a little bit different than the TV show but it's cool to checkout. Actually, we stopped by there just to check it out cause were fans of the show and we ended up getting a free round of beers.

So I'd recommend staying at the comfort inn in the historic district. It was like a 10 minute walk to one of the main streets around there that had tons of nice bars. The Comfort Inn also has some kind of free shuttle bus service hat will drop/pickup to local places. I think the bill with parking was around 175