White House: Attempted terrorist Attack in Detroit

...and was trying to use small firecrackers to ignite the powder (why not a match?)...

Where are you reading this? Every major news source I am looking at is still reporting that he used a syringe to try to start the reaction. The only reference I've read anywhere about firecrackers are passengers references to the noise the thing made, as in it sounded like firecrackers.

MSNBC

"The device consisted of a six-inch packet of powder and a syringe containing a liquid, which were sewn into the suspect's underwear, according to media reports."

BBC

"Mr Abdulmutallab allegedly tried to detonate a device using a syringe, but it failed to go off."

CNN (Reuters)

"A preliminary FBI analysis found that the device contained PETN, also known as Pentaerythritol Tetranitrate, a highly explosive chemical compound. In addition, FBI agents recovered what appear to be the remnants of a syringe from the vicinity of Abdulmutallab's seat, believed to have been part of the device."

Etc.
 


Where are you reading this? Every major news source I am looking at is still reporting that he used a syringe to try to start the reaction. The only reference I've read anywhere about firecrackers are passengers references to the noise the thing made, as in it sounded like firecrackers.

Read it from CNN, at the time I posted it, CNN (or other new sources for that matter) Didn't have all the details you posted, because it wasn't available at the time of me reading it. My second post shows exactly how it was worded and no where in there was there 'sounded like'.
 
Apparently the TSA is now considering removing all electronic devices on flights because of this event. What the hell does this have to do with anything? TSA To Save Print Media? No Electronics On International Flights? What A Joke. - washingtonpost.com

I hate it when bureaucratic officials, instead of admitting their impotence, enact some bullshit measures like this.

That will make all flights to/from ASW pretty fucking gay. Looks like I'll have to grab The Economist and get my learn on the old fashioned way.
 
Apparently the TSA is now considering removing all electronic devices on flights because of this event. What the hell does this have to do with anything? TSA To Save Print Media? No Electronics On International Flights? What A Joke. - washingtonpost.com

I hate it when bureaucratic officials, instead of admitting their impotence, enact some bullshit measures like this.

The article does not say TSA is considering "removing all electronic devices on flights". It says they are considering disallowing the use of them on international flights originating overseas. That is a big difference. What it has to do with anything - Security at many airports around the world does not have the technology to identify bombs broken down and disguised as personal electronics.

How would an admission of "impotence" work? Signs at each boarding gate reading:

ATTENTION ALL PASSENGERS

Ensure your affairs are in order prior to boarding. We are powerless to prevent this plane from being blown up and/or crashed. Political sensitivities disallow profiling, so passengers hereby acknowledge and assume the risk of self-immolating seatmates, defenestration from newly created plane exits mid-air, and abrupt unplanned termination of forward plane movement. We are sorry that we are unable to protect you during your flight, but at least you will have personal entertainment to make your final hours enjoyable.
 
Read it from CNN, at the time I posted it, CNN (or other new sources for that matter) Didn't have all the details you posted, because it wasn't available at the time of me reading it. My second post shows exactly how it was worded and no where in there was there 'sounded like'.

You must be getting a different CNN than the rest of us cause they've been reporting on the syringe since day one. Their very first interviews with passengers were all about the sound (of firecrackers) since no one actually saw him light a firecracker (as I said yesterday).

lets all pray to GOD for 'No more attacks'.

Yes, lets... :rolleyes:
 
You must be getting a different CNN than the rest of us cause they've been reporting on the syringe since day one. Their very first interviews with passengers were all about the sound (of firecrackers) since no one actually saw him light a firecracker (as I said yesterday).


I saw it before it became an article where it shows "breaking news" at top, and when it first became an article. I have no doubt what it says now, I'm just saying don't assume I'm lying or stupid just because I relayed it exactly as they said when I saw it. They of course are going to update it as they get new info in.
 
OK, whatever, you're just a big dummy then. I don't know where the fuck you get your news from, but I've been listening to relatives tell stories all Xmas and it's getting fucking old. Get your facts straight before regurgitating this shit in public next time.

Quite simply, you're an idiot if you don't think the media could never have been premature in publicizing information in order to be the first to air it, and then change it later when they get confirmed details.
 
Quite simply, you're an idiot if you don't think the media could never have been premature in publicizing information in order to be the first to air it, and then change it later when they get confirmed details.

Dude, NOWHERE did they say the suspect lit a firecracker. Nowhere. Since the very first reports that came out they said he had a syringe and a powder. The only reference to firecrackers was the audible noise the device made.

Perhaps your reading comprehensions sucks, but the fact that you kept telling that story even after it was pointed out to you that it was a syringe, means you are just thick as fuck.
 
Dude, NOWHERE did they say the suspect lit a firecracker. Nowhere. Since the very first reports that came out they said he had a syringe and a powder. The only reference to firecrackers was the audible noise the device made.

Perhaps your reading comprehensions sucks, but the fact that you kept telling that story even after it was pointed out to you that it was a syringe, means you are just thick as fuck.

This: "ignited several small firecrackers"
Was an exact cut and paste from the CNN article at the time I posted this thread. But I Guess you're calling me a liar. I never said you were wrong about the updated information, only that you accused me of being an idiot for relaying what was obviously incorrect information from a major media outlet. They said it, I just relayed it.

I shouldn't have to take a screenshot along with every posting just because people like you are too dense to realize that even big media could have it wrong and quickly update the information as they get it.

Google Cache (the mobile version got cached, but it was the same exact text on their main site before it got changed):
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...ackers"+site:cnn.com&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

The passenger was immediately subdued, according to Susan Elliott, spokeswoman for Delta, Northwest's parent company, Elliott said earlier that the suspect had ignited several small firecrackers. The incident resulted in some minor injuries, she said.

So ya , fuck you.
 
This: "Passenger lights fireworks aboard airliner"
Was an exact cut and paste headline from CNN at the time I posted this thread. But I Guess you're calling me a liar.
who gives a fuck? major news sources get their facts wrong on a daily basis. They simply did not have all of the facts at the time and updated the article when they got the facts. Ya digg?
 
I shouldn't have to take a screenshot along with every posting just because people like you are too dense to realize that even big media could have it wrong and quickly update the information as they get it.
wow, you are a douche. remind me to -rep you again when I can.