Whoever introduced eCards to my mom needs to be shot in the face

CLKeenan

Banned
Jun 24, 2006
2,506
14
0
Boston, MA
I seriously get one of these a day from my mom. And then she gets notifications if I don't open them so the next time I talk to her on the phone she's like why didnt you open my ecard? is everything ok? Ugh. Anyway, rant complete.

Your turn. What technology pet peeves do you have with your parents
 


FW: FW: FW: FW: Life's ways of Protection against Rape
FW: FW: God's Plan
FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: Not good
FW: FW: FW: PROTECT AGAINST SWINE FLU!
FW: Introducing Lauren's new BABY
FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: Read the T-shirt

Copied and pasted from my personal email. That's just this morning. From my grandma.
 
Mah parentz can't use computer.
Mom once pressed Win+E and opened 54 instances of windows explorer. Microsoft sucks...
My wife is competing in "most tabs in a single browser" contest every day...

Related:

My girlfriend refuses to get this point across in her head: pressing the red "x" bubble in a Mac window closes the window, but not the program. I hate getting on the computer and command-tabbing to see Firefox, AIM, Safari, iTunes, QuickTime, Word, Excel, System Preferences, and iPhoto open, but nothing on the desktop.
 
My mom posted a pic of herself in a Jacuzzi on Facebook a couple of weeks ago.


I still haven't gotten over it.
 
Good thing my grandparents are all dead.

My mom gets all pissed off cause she doesn't hear from me often enough and wants me to write letters, on paper, by hand. I get all pissed off cause my mom refuses to get a computer so I can't just send her emails like everyone else. Then I see shit like this and think it's probably for the best.
 
I made the mistake of remoting into my parent's machine once. Now I get "can you remote in and fix this, install that, change this, virus scan that, hook up this, by the way, how are you?"
 
my grandmother moved her browser window off screen so she could only read half of it, she had it like that for over a month before I saw it.

I asked why and she said she thought thats how it was supposed to be and didnt know how to change it.
 
my mom commented on my facebook status.. after spending a few days deciding if i was even going to ad her as a friend this was exactly what i was afraid of.. always an odd situation when you finding yourself blocking your parents from seeing your status. lol..

i bought her an iPhone (she's never had a cell phone) yesterday.. this could be bad news..
 
my mom commented on my facebook status.. after spending a few days deciding if i was even going to ad her as a friend this was exactly what i was afraid of.. always an odd situation when you finding yourself blocking your parents from seeing your status. lol..

i bought her an iPhone (she's never had a cell phone) yesterday.. this could be bad news..
collegehumor.1a01bb46f4aeb2d320116ec428ee5fa5.jpg
 
My mom doesn't know how to turn on a computer.

My dad fills my inbox with porn powerpoints, videos, and pics.

No complaints here. :)
 
My family used to send me instant messages and then wonder why I didn't reply to them right away. "Your cousin said you were online... are you still there?" Now-a-days whenever someone asks for my phone number in front of my grandparents, it's "don't even bother calling him, he doesn't answer his phone."

Now I thank the gods that the invisible status was invented on AIM.
 
My mom doesn't know how to turn on a computer.

My dad fills my inbox with porn powerpoints, videos, and pics.

No complaints here. :)

Same here. Dad who is 70 and missing a prostrate still sends daily porn over. Trying to figure out what happened to the straight laced guy who raised me. Of course his golf group of retired DOM's is on the distribution list.

A bunch of retired 70 yr olds wanking, of those who still can, to their computer screens is not the best thought in the mornin when I open my email...