Wordpress Help Question

learningcurve

Genitals are funny
Apr 9, 2011
1,993
80
0
Out riding my motorcycle
Hey guys and gals,

Been trying to work how to imbed my own video into a wordpress blog with no success (it's an avi file). I'm really banging my head against a brick wall here, so if anyone could help me out I would appreciate it greatly. I don't want to upload to youtube or anything like that if I can get away with it - I tried that earlier and the quality dropped off quite a bit. I think I've been looking at it for so long that I am simply missing something simple - or maybe not.

Any ideas from anyone that actually has done this?

Here's some tits for even reading:

i4819_tumblrldm627hxrx1qzna9yo1500.jpg
b9d3bde3-8e86-4b4f-ac30-71b22199186b_thumb.jpeg

589a0a58-cb81-48d6-a372-586c1283faa2_thumb.jpeg

307944ca-8d48-434a-9954-9fa6af2fad0e_thumb.jpeg
3e04565e-8f91-4afc-a3fc-ba3986c9d656_thumb.jpeg

2b3aeffc-d868-4ab8-b174-8f5b77be6ad1_thumb.jpeg

228c7f65-620e-4dfd-ae36-09097320805f_thumb.jpeg

bf44b77f-106f-4131-8b98-3305515d501a_thumb.jpeg

542_1000.jpg
 


If it's just an .AVI file don't you have to rely on the user to have a player?

Not an expert by any means but most of the video sharing sites use Flash which most people have as a browser plugin.
 
The quality will increase as Youtube re-encodes the file. The WORST quality is shortly after uploading it. As for usability... just paste the Youtu.be url right into wordpress and it handles the rest.
 
  • Like
Reactions: learningcurve
That Brunette in the 3rd picture is amazing.

Have you tried WordPress › Simple Video Embedder « WordPress Plugins ?

It allows you to embed self hosted FLV files.

Hadn't seen that one. I've looked at so fucking many today, but that one looks good as well. I will give a couple of them a go and see what works best. :eatmousepointer:

Completely agree about the brunette - she is something out of the box and a true stunner. Usually I just click and paste and don't take much notice but did with her. Probably my favourite pic that I have posted in any thread.:thumbsup: