You might have fucked us in 1776 but we Brits live longer than you

wezcountry

New member
Aug 31, 2009
1,788
22
0
In the EUSSR
Why do Americans die younger than Britons?

Quote: "The researchers suggest that the relatively low life expectancies in the US cannot be explained by the size of the nation, racial diversity, or economics," says the document, which ranks the US 38th in the world for life expectancy overall.

"Instead, the authors point to high rates of obesity, tobacco use and other preventable risk factors for an early death as the leading drivers of the gap between the US and other nations."

"We weren't surprised that we had lower life expectancies than other countries, but we were surprised by the fact that we were falling further behind," says Dr Ali Mokdad, professor of global health at the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington."

Personally I think it's the superior English beer :drinkup:
 


We may live longer but its not as enjoyable..

Scotland tops UN danger list with 'booze and blades' culture - Scotland on Sunday

Unhealthy Britain is the most obese country in Europe | Metro.co.uk

California coast

1-california-coast2.jpg


Nairn beach lul (Scotland)

nairn-beach-2.jpg
 
America is an extremely diverse nation. About 80% care 0% about their health. The people that care and have means have access to better care than in the UK.

Huge gap in world cancer survival


_44736365_mammography_cred226.jpg
Access to diagnostic equipment is key, say experts


There is a huge variation in cancer survival rates across the world, a global study shows.
The US, Australia, Canada, France and Japan had the highest five-year survival rates, while Algeria had the worst, Lancet Oncology reported.
The UK fared pretty poorly, trailing most of its western European neighbours - although the data is from the 1990s since when survival rates have risen.






And what cuts off access better than a NIH or Obamacare system where everything is centralized?

1776? We need another one of those!
 
sure ... I bailed a couple of years ago to Italy and would have done it years before but for circumstances. But I was ... just sayin' ;)
youre an expat? what made you leave? i think about doing so myself sometimes but it just seems strange to leave friends family and go somewhere completely new which where I dont know anyone or anything
 
youre an expat? what made you leave? i think about doing so myself sometimes but it just seems strange to leave friends family and go somewhere completely new which where I dont know anyone or anything

Hi, yeah it was a tough decision but I decided life is short and it was time for a change. Around that time I had a Christmas holiday in Florence and while I was there I saw that people could actually enjoy life and thought fuck it I'm off. It took me a year to sell my house, six months to reduce all my stuff so that it would fit into a small storage box (that process alone was amazing), and to figure-out how to earn money abroad. My only regret: not doing it years ago. Because of Ryan Air etc it's quicker and cheaper for my kids to get to me here in Italy than if I lived in Cornwall for example. If you know a bit of the language you soon make friends. I don't miss much (except beer and cider) and I have months supply of tea bags. My advice - don't over-analyse, just fucking do it.
 
Hi, yeah it was a tough decision but I decided life is short and it was time for a change. Around that time I had a Christmas holiday in Florence and while I was there I saw that people could actually enjoy life and thought fuck it I'm off. It took me a year to sell my house, six months to reduce all my stuff so that it would fit into a small storage box (that process alone was amazing), and to figure-out how to earn money abroad. My only regret: not doing it years ago. Because of Ryan Air etc it's quicker and cheaper for my kids to get to me here in Italy than if I lived in Cornwall for example. If you know a bit of the language you soon make friends. I don't miss much (except beer and cider) and I have months supply of tea bags. My advice - don't over-analyse, just fucking do it.
amazing, so I take it you werent making money online when you made the move? if so that's even more ballsy, good on ya
 
The 10 Greatest things about my Country by a born & bred Englishman:
  1. The Beer
  2. The countryside
  3. erm...

Ok so I managed three, and one of those was 'erm'.
 
amazing, so I take it you werent making money online when you made the move? if so that's even more ballsy, good on ya

nope - I had a small team of developers in Romania. When I started that biz 2000 they were paid $150 per month and I had people asking for jobs. When Romania joined the EU costs went through the roof and although still comparatively cheap it was time to move on. I wish that I knew then what I know now about IM automation - could've made some good tools with 6 or 7 developers working full time.
 
lol at even Canadians getting in on the bad teeth jokes. Dear Canada, why didn't you break off from the Brits too?