You Need Tits & I Need Cart Suggestions

omgyams

WF Premium Member
Aug 18, 2008
1,887
25
0
Interwebs
What I'm specifically looking for is a cart that:
  • Is pretty simple, like opencart. I love the interface & simplicity of the backend. I just can't easily get it to work the way I need it to.
  • Handles customizable items really well. I need the cart to literally sell 4-6 items. Each item is highly customizable - Size, Color, 2-5 yes/no options that affect price, File Upload, Multiple comment boxes.
  • and is relatively easy to skin. Anything that is close to the simplicity of wordpress would be great. In my mind the other end of the spectrum is Magento, which kinda scares me.

The product is similar to boxing gloves. I want people to basically choose
  • Style
  • Material
  • Amount of colors (solid, 2 tone, etc)
  • Colors (if you choose 2 colors, new options appear that allow you to choose each)
  • Decals (file upload)
  • Options that increase price if checked
  • Comment area for directions

Would love feedback from anyone who's been in a similar position and had to choose a cart with similar needs in mind.

Thanks for reading this far! And for the tits:

1306541791.jpg

1306541790.jpg

1306541789.jpg

1306541787.jpg

1306541786.jpg

1306541785.jpg

1306541784.jpg

1306541783.jpg
 


I like Zen Cart, if you get past the included fugly skin it's actually not bad. plenty customizable too, but thats as far as I know. I also know of good customized (easily) joomla/virtuemart setups.
 
Hey Bro: If it's just a cart you need, then Zencart or Jamula/VM gets my vote, but the real monies are made AFTER the initial contact on abandoned carts, upsells, back-end, and repeats, etc., so I would be thinking more about your entire sales process...

If you have that all dialed in, fine- but if this is a lucrative market you are getting into for the long term, you really want a soup-to-nuts app, and I highly recommend Infusionsoft. I have a client/partner (the offer in my sig) that we've just switched over to this from Delavo (which is truly a piece of sh*t).

I was a hater of these guys for a long time- looong story, but Cliff's notes is they convinced me to come in as a "certified provider" back when they first launched the platform, had a fucked product and zero support, I bailed and told them FUCK YOU, and they proceeded to try and sue me for breach, which I totally owned them on, lol. My paper was far better than their paper ;)

That said, they have totally retooled the operation, all new and decent people, the pricing is much more reasonable, and the support from what I can see so far is kick ass.

Do your own DD, and take all this with a grain of salt ;) ... But so far I like what I see. Some pretty slick automation, and hand-holding and tutorials for any experience level.

HTH!
 
Nice...check out OpenCart man. It's also free.

I've tried ZenCart, Shopperpress etc. and they all suck shit compared to this one IMO. It's just like installing a wordpress/Joomla etc. shop without the headaches. It' sole purpose is to be a shopping cart, you dont need to fiddle around with shit.

I literally set up a shop site in a few minutes, there are tons of good looking templates out there too, just google it.

edit: I forgot that you needed heaps of custom functionality as well. Oh well, you can still check it out and see in their forums if they support a kind of thing, I'm sure they do though. Good luck anyway haha.