Your experience with Paypal? Honest opinions please..

I have over 18k dollars locked in PayPal with the notion I'll get it back in 180 days. They will be banking on my money for 6 months because I took a large payment in. Messed me up financially.

not fond of PayPal.
 


PayPal can be a real pain and they're definitely abusing their power. Because merchant accounts are way complicated and expensive here in Switzerland, I'm pretty much stuck with them, though.

Whenever they hit you with these types of limitations and complaints, here's what to do: send them all the documentation that they require and then start calling them at least once a day.

You'll get a different agent each time and some kind of a "we'll take care of it" or "please wait and we'll get back to you" blow-off, but you just keep calling, again and again. You always insist that they confirm they have everything they need, confirm that there's nothing wrong with your account activity etc.

For both of the business accounts I've had the result has been that at some point, you get directed to someone higher up and they actually take care of the problem and unlock your account within an hour.
 
So far, amazing news.

Lets start from the beginning. I phoned today and told them about the issue. I sent in all the details. They said the information was valid and that they will approve it within 20 minutes.

They didn't. I phoned them again, and this time, was with another, more formal lady who was more kind and was actually trying to help me. This time she got the information validated. (P-S-. Do Paypal have systems to trace if a Passport number is real?)

Anyway, after she validated this, she put me through to the Compliance Department so said wait a few hours. Still no reply.

But every time I phone, more action is being taken. The departments are closed but according to a few friends, and one above ^, if you keep phoning them, they give you more authority and eventually will give your account back, but the main con is that you need to go through all the hard work to lift the limit.
 
Why is it locked?

I was under the impression that they were a merchant account so I set it up so that my clients can pay for my services through my website. I notified them that I would have this payment and they wanted all these contracts and when it was supplied they wanted more, then finally after a lot of back and forth. They told me my account was too high risk.

Complete run around.
 
PayPal is one of those things you're forced to have a love-hate relationship with. It's a great and efficient payment processor, and everyone uses it, so like it or not, you have to accept PayPal as a payment method. Flip one of their automated triggers through, and your experience with them quickly turns into a complete, long drawn out headache.
 
PayPal is one of those things you're forced to have a love-hate relationship with. It's a great and efficient payment processor, and everyone uses it, so like it or not, you have to accept PayPal as a payment method. Flip one of their automated triggers through, and your experience with them quickly turns into a complete, long drawn out headache.

^ Exactly right! I have been limited before when I was living with a partner, and I simply could not live without it. Alertpay or Moneybookers will never work for me! If only Paypal were taken over by a better company, who does not limit your account like this.
 
PayPal is one of those things you're forced to have a love-hate relationship with. It's a great and efficient payment processor, and everyone uses it, so like it or not, you have to accept PayPal as a payment method. Flip one of their automated triggers through, and your experience with them quickly turns into a complete, long drawn out headache.

they are a very sensitive flip.
 
Paypal is like a disgusting medicine, you don't like it but you need it.
If you are a merchant or sell directly your customers want a Paypal option to buy.
 
Just before I got limited, 1 day before, I removed around $300 to my Bank. It even said the status as "Completed"

Is there any way for Paypal to reverse it seeing as it had said Completed?

And do Paypal trace your PASSPORT NUMBER when you send the passport copy in to see if you are who you say you are.. Or do they just take a brief look at the name and D.O.B to see if they match..?
 
Just before I got limited, 1 day before, I removed around $300 to my Bank. It even said the status as "Completed"

Is there any way for Paypal to reverse it seeing as it had said Completed?

And do Paypal trace your PASSPORT NUMBER when you send the passport copy in to see if you are who you say you are.. Or do they just take a brief look at the name and D.O.B to see if they match..?

What's the reason for big letters and size?

Once it's completed, they can't do anything to reverse it. I'm sure they can do stuff but would take necessary paperwork
 
Just before I got limited, 1 day before, I removed around $300 to my Bank. It even said the status as "Completed"

Is there any way for Paypal to reverse it seeing as it had said Completed?

And do Paypal trace your PASSPORT NUMBER when you send the passport copy in to see if you are who you say you are.. Or do they just take a brief look at the name and D.O.B to see if they match..?


WE WOULD TELL YOU IF WE KNEW. YOU DON'T HAVE TO ASK OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
 
I was under the impression that they were a merchant account so I set it up so that my clients can pay for my services through my website. I notified them that I would have this payment and they wanted all these contracts and when it was supplied they wanted more, then finally after a lot of back and forth. They told me my account was too high risk.

Complete run around.

I thought it was a merchant account ...

Is there any way for Paypal to reverse it seeing as it had said Completed?

Can't reverse it if it's already completed, but it is possible to reverse a wire if it's done immediately.
 
Just before I got limited, 1 day before, I removed around $300 to my Bank. It even said the status as "Completed"

Is there any way for Paypal to reverse it seeing as it had said Completed?

And do Paypal trace your PASSPORT NUMBER when you send the passport copy in to see if you are who you say you are.. Or do they just take a brief look at the name and D.O.B to see if they match..?


:ak:
Are you worth all this attention?

BTW the operation is initiated by yourself and they can't reverse.
Paypal is not a bank and has its own corporate policy if you like or not.
 
Just before I got limited, 1 day before, I removed around $300 to my Bank. It even said the status as "Completed"

Is there any way for Paypal to reverse it seeing as it had said Completed?

And do Paypal trace your PASSPORT NUMBER when you send the passport copy in to see if you are who you say you are.. Or do they just take a brief look at the name and D.O.B to see if they match..?

It seems like you forged your documents.
If you are not doing anything against their TOS, and provide them with the requested information then you have nothing to worry about.
 
It seems like you forged your documents.
If you are not doing anything against their TOS, and provide them with the requested information then you have nothing to worry about.

I have sent all the required documents but sent them an edited DRIVERS licence as I do not drive and they required one - whether or not I drived or not, which was stupid. So I had to forge one.

Anyways, still no reply from them.. Still waiting!