Your favorite 10 mins or less meals for maximum conversions

One of my favourites when I'm in a rush is as follows.

Wok + sesame oil and vegetable oil, throw in a couple of chopped spring onions with some minced garlic and ginger. Fry for a minute or so (keep the onions crunchy and don't burn the garlic), then chuck in some rice noodles, a packet of prawns, some sweet chilli sauce and a load of flying goose sriracha chilli sauce (similar to Red Rooster for you yanks). I'll also add a smattering of MSG, some white pepper, some baby spinach then fry it until the noodles and prawns are ready.

It takes about 7 minutes and tastes good.

As I eat a lot of salad I normally just smash up some leaves with some chicken and french dressing. Takes less time, it's easier to clean up and it's healthier.
 


We IM'ers don't always have the time to get fancy in the kitchen... what's your favorite 10 minutes or less meal when you're at home?

One of my favorites: Tuna/Avocado salad.
- 1 can of spicy thai tuna
- 1 avocado cut in pieces
- some spinach, arugula or romaine lettuce (depending on what I have)
- some onion
- spices (sea salt, ground pepper, garlic powder)

mix everything with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Benefits:
- Quick
- Healthy (Omega 3s + healthy oils)
- Delicious
- Doesn't make you feel heavy and/or sleepy after
- Good for your sexual health and regenerate after fapping! lol
:banana_sml:

Next.
+Rep for a useful topic and sweeeet recipe!
 
omelette = egg whites + cucumber + tomatoes + carrots + chicken breasts (depends on what I have)

oats + bovril

fruits + whey protein blend
 
My favorite for a quick breakfast is a breakfast burrito. Eggs, beans, potato, ground sausage, cheese, some chopped up peppers or whatever else I have in the fridge. Quick easy and super delicious. I keep small portions of chicken/hamburger/sausage in the freezer for quick stuff like this, makes things a lot easier.
 
Shit son, do you know how bad that stuff is?

What you mean is, do you know how bad our parents and media have told us it is? :D

It's an urban myth that it's bad for you - in that nothing's been proven, quite the contrary in fact. I find the idea of it being considered bad quite silly when you rationally consider it's just salt and an amino-acid.

Glutamate appears in very high quantities naturally in many every day food stuffs and salt is known to be more harmful than MSG yet we all eat that as well.

There's a study mentioned in the below article where they gave participants 147 grams of MSG a day, for 6 weeks, with no ill affects (I can only imagine it's 147 grams because 148 is lethal ;) ).

4 grams of salt a day is considered a safe daily limit and many people exceed that. In my arrogant opinion, MSG is a safer alternative to salt and while it's on the market and I experience no effects, I continue to use it. (The same as my cancer-causing aspartame sweetner I use everyday instead of sugar!)

If MSG is so bad for you, why doesn't everyone in Asia have a headache? | Life and style | The Observer
 
^ I don't know man, I've experienced the effects of this thing first hand while living in China. They call it Wei Jing there, and in classy restaurants they don't use it. Only cheap ones do, to make their shitty food taste better. And it does! This thing is like magic to make anything taste better, it's like it stimulates all the sensors of your tongue at the same time. Anyhow... one of the side effects I noticed was that you feel very tired after your meal, and over the long term it gives you white hair and it can cause eye problems. I've actually seen a lot of young chinese guys (early twenties) with white hair (especially those from the lower classes) and I can only link it to over-consuption of Wei Jing.
 
GetImage.aspx
 
Some of you have given me some great ideas. We really have some good chefs in our midst.

I make what I feel is a really good Chicken Pot Pie. I make a really large dish of it as I used to make it for our daughter and friends when she was a teenager. Almost always have about half left over that serves as lunch for the wife and I twice that week.

Boil whole chicken
Let cool then pull meat off the bone
Mix 2 cans mixed veggies and 2 can creme of chicken soup together
Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Chop up one stalk of celery and add to mix
Combine all ingredients and add to large rectangular backing dish
make ~ 3 cups of batter up in a bowl
Pour batter over ingredients
Bake at 350 for ~ one hour
Let sit for 15-20 on stove top
Serve and enjoy.
 
Here's a quick and easy recipe if you want:

Cut up red & green bell peppers, some zuchinni, and if wanted, an onion.
Chop up a few garlic cloves

Boil some penne pasta.
Slice & fry say 2 chicken breasts, and once cooked, throw the veggies and garlic in.

In a small pot, chicken broth, squeeze half a lemon in, some garlic (or garlic power), and a bit of cornstarch. Add heat while constantly stirring.

Throw is all together (pasta, chicken + veggies, and sauce), stir it all up over low heat, and eat. If wanted, throw some feta cheese on top, and maybe get some nice bread with a saucer of red vinegar and olive oil mixed for dipping.

Quick and easy, and also makes for an excellent lunch the next day. :)
 
I always spend the time to make nice dinners. Grab a beer, throw some music on, and spend some time chopping up all the veggies, garlic, ginger, and whatever else, and cook up an amazing meal for us.

One, it tastes fucken good, and it's always healthy. And two, it's the one thing that completely gets my mind off work. With basically anything else, I'll always have work on the back of my mind.

That's why you make too much when cooking dinner the night before. :)

This right here my friends. Cooking is my relax time, I love making a good meal and I always make extras so I can cook for lunch the next day and or freeze for when I can't be bothered cooking/am in a rush for something.

I cook pretty much everynight and then the girl/housemate will clean up. Some of my favorites to make:

Chilli
Salmon Salad
Meat pie (aussie thing)
Stews
Slow cooked chicken
Homemade pasta + tomato and chilli sauce
Chicken Saag
Tbone steak with potatoe salad (pesto/chorizo)
Roast leg of lamb + veggies
Tuna


If I don't have anything from the night before, I'll usually make a tuna salad or I'll ocassionally have sausages + salad. Really depends if I've been to the gym or not though.
 
Take boiled shrimp, add oil, add crushed red pepper let shrimp cook in oil for a couple minutes covered.

Works with crab too.

Add rice or pasta.
 
in 10 mins the best would go for when i'm lazy: sandwich and some milk with cereals
 
Its funny how unhealthy most of you fuckers eat....

1. Rice + Steak with Red Pepper mexican style
Start boiling brown rice (uncle ben's)
Take one garlic clove and remove the shell (skin?)
Take one red pepper and cut it in 1-2 inch strips
Pan with olive oil, put it on high
Take Steak, sprinkle salt / paprika to taste / red pepper if you like it
Place steak and red peppers on pan, cook on high 2 mins each side (every time you flip the steak rub the garlic clove on it)
Put temperature on medium for another 2-4 minutes (medium rare to well done)

Done in less than 15, cook 2 servings and 2 steaks ...so 15 minutes for two meals = 7 minutes :P

2. Steak Fajita
Cut peppers / onions into strips
Cut steak into strips
Pan with olive oil put it on medium high (put it on high if you like it a bit burned)
Add salt / pepper / paprika and mix it together
Put everything on the pan
Cook for 8 minutes
While its cooking take out Sargento Low Fat Mexican Cheese and Fresh Salsa (they sell it at the mexican section of most groceries)
Also take out Low Carb Tortilla (5g carbs all the taste)
Take steak / onions / peppers out
Place tortilla add cheese and steak/onions/peppers back in place more cheese add another tortilla on top
Turn off the stove
Let the cheese melt, flip it on either side
Cut in four pieces, use salsa as a dip

3. Omelet + Ham + Oatmeal
Take 97% fat free ham, cut it in little pieces
Pan and olive oil in medium high
Add ham
Take eggs out and scramble them, add salt/pepper...I like adding garlic powder into that as well
Ham should be done, take it out
Add Eggs in the pan, once it start to solidify add the ham back in (I hate how the ham gets if you just pour the eggs on top it get burned)
Take bowl, add oatmeal + water
Microwave for 2 minutes
Your omelet and oatmeal should be done about the same time
Pour honey on your oatmeal and cinamon

Total time: About 8 minutes
 
Ziploc steamer bags are your best friend

Get a steamer bag
Sprinkle in a good amount of garlic salt
Throw in a 1/2 thawed chicken breast
Nuke it for a few mins

Mmm, mircowaved plastic with some chicken inside. Sounds delicious.

Typically for lunch I'll do what has been mentioned by some of the smarter people on this board, and will mix together some leftovers from the previous day or couple of days. If leftovers are slim I'll usually have a peanut butter and apple butter sammich with a protein shake or some cashews and dried apricots with a green tea.
 
We IM'ers don't always have the time to get fancy in the kitchen... what's your favorite 10 minutes or less meal when you're at home?

One of my favorites: Tuna/Avocado salad.
- 1 can of spicy thai tuna
- 1 avocado cut in pieces
- some spinach, arugula or romaine lettuce (depending on what I have)
- some onion
- spices (sea salt, ground pepper, garlic powder)

mix everything with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Benefits:
- Quick
- Healthy (Omega 3s + healthy oils)
- Delicious
- Doesn't make you feel heavy and/or sleepy after
- Good for your sexual health and regenerate after fapping! lol
:banana_sml:

Next.


BOYS I NEED HELP.

Opened up my lunch today(which my wife makes...not I) and this exact recipe is sitting in front of me in a tupperware.

Coincidence?

I think not.

Bish is on WF. BAN that trifflin..........