Even when presented with side-by-side examples of payday loan charges that are far costlier than high interest credit cards, 90% of the loan-takers don't care.
Slate Mag on payday loan customers
From the article: "So presenting borrowers with a clearer explanation of how costly it will be to carry the loan might save some folks from falling into the payday debt trap. But what about the other 90 percent of borrowers, who even when presented with evidence of the long-term costs still took the loan? For many of these borrowers, no amount of information will deter them."
I had reservations about the payday loans and rebill offers, etc., etc., but never let it deter me because I know that people willfully ignore the consequences so screw that. Give the public what they want, or someone else will.
(I don't actually run payday loan offers, however.)
Slate Mag on payday loan customers
From the article: "So presenting borrowers with a clearer explanation of how costly it will be to carry the loan might save some folks from falling into the payday debt trap. But what about the other 90 percent of borrowers, who even when presented with evidence of the long-term costs still took the loan? For many of these borrowers, no amount of information will deter them."
I had reservations about the payday loans and rebill offers, etc., etc., but never let it deter me because I know that people willfully ignore the consequences so screw that. Give the public what they want, or someone else will.
(I don't actually run payday loan offers, however.)