Zango Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.


Next week's headline:

"Is anybody else noticing a sharp increase conversion rates?"

I know most networks/affiliate programs will deny they work with adware traffic, but seriously if Zango approached them how many do you think would decline the offer? Not to mention all of the affiliates who send PPV traffic.
 
they haven't really shut down, just running under a new name now...

a spokesman for San Francisco-based Blinkx said Monday afternoon that the firm had purchased some of Zango's assets
 
How do you purchase SOME of zangos assets? Another question is why would you buy adware.
 
A lot of people made a lot of money with Zango, that's for sure. I never messed around with them because I have this weird tendency to want my traffic to come back time and again and to buy from me again and again...not to be pissed off that I tricked them into installing some Hello Kitty toolbar adware bullshit on their E-Machine.

The void Zango leaves will be filled by a dozen, potentially more annoying copycats. I guess it's just as well. The posters at BHW have to pay the rent somehow right?
 
...not to be pissed off that I tricked them into installing some Hello Kitty toolbar adware bullshit on their E-Machine.

Bullshit, if your running some e-machine you probably deserve it / not know the difference.
 
Ugh, I had $530.00 in my zango adservices account. Hopefully I'll get a refund.


I contacted them with the same problem and was sent this response.
Hi Josh,

Thanks for your email. We actually just had a funding event in which certain Zango assets were purchased by a holding company called Pinball; this funding will allow us to invest in our audience and in-turn, improve campaign performance with increased volume levels. The Zango business will continue operating as normal – we are still displaying advertisements and your funds are still good. Should there be any major changes effecting our advertisers, we will let you know in advance.

Hope this helps – please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Amy
Zango Account Specialist
Zango™
E: direct@zango.com
P: 877.463.7476 |F: 425.279.1199
Needless to say the traffic is still coming in.
 
imho, this move was just to try to shake off the lawsuits and the FTC...

as I said above, they haven't gone away, this is just a legal shell game...
 
Liqudation followed by asset purchase is a common tactic if you have an otherwise viable business that has built up too much debt. You can often get funding for the new company to buy the old one's technology, IP, customer base etc, whilst all of the creditors of the old company get screwed.
 
Whoever bought Zango is an idiot.

I don't know about that..

I'd definitely buy up assets of theirs if I had the chance. Buying the company itself is probably a really bad idea, but some of their traffic assets are worth a shitload, especially if you do things in a much more legal and creative way. Zango was a timebomb anyway. They became way too foolish over the years and just squandered away their really good assets. They should have stopped selling ads and milked it for themselves. Yeah, I know, it would have taken a huge overhaul to do so, but overall it would have made way more cash and run into way less issues for them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.