My big goal right now is to buy a 161+ acre farm outside of town, the wife wants to set up a horse riding ministry for kids who are disabled.
Count me in. Matter of fact, I'm sure we could do some kind of crazy awesome charity thing for Christmas 09 if someone were to organize it. Maybe even get some networks involved. Of course, it would need a great organizer and...uh...I'd suck at that but you seem to be up to the task.
BBWolfe's above link looks like a great charity to focus on too.
That's just my first watch, and one of my favorites. I like how it looks. I recently purchased a couple other nice watches - IWC Big Pilot, Patek Philippe and next Friday I should have my Super Avenger...I already hit my daily goal for this year, so I've set new goals (this last quarter has been very nice to me).
Eagle, nice to see your taste in watches has been upgraded from Movado. Breitling is on my list of material items to get this year as well, I still love the Emergency though. The new Bentley's are pretty dope too![]()
You guys can answer Secret Santa letters at the post office OPERATION SANTA CLAUS
Nothing better than knowing you made some kids holiday better. Many families find it hard to get their kids basic winter clothes, this is a way to help but also a way to get a cool toy to a kid who otherwise just wants socks
Everyone here is banking so pick up 10 letters each, spend a few grand and do something good. If you want i may have the letters i answered last year so you can see what kids ask for, almost none want toys, they want clothes so they dont freeze, or they want their sister or brother to get a toy. I saw one letter which was a brilliant kid who got in to a good ivy league college but her parents couldn't afford the tuition so her only choice was to go to community college, its a shame that financial circumstances may cheat us out of someone who can cure cancer, or create a better alternative to automobiles.
This is the best goal.That's freaking awesome. +rep.
Aside from the obvious (make more money, scale, buy new toys) goals, your post inspired me to share one goal that I probably wouldn't have shared otherwise: to become more pro-active in my efforts to help abused animals.
Yeah, I know there are plenty of people that need help but animals are often overlooked. Dog-fighting, illegal puppy mills, and other heinous atrocities like that are rampant here in the South with alarmingly little being done to stop or even put a dent in the problem.
I've been writing checks for a while but I want to step up my efforts quite a bit. It'll be a very good day when I can honestly say my efforts helped put some of these Michael Vick wanna-be mother fuckers behind bars.
I rescued the dog in my avatar about two and a half years ago from a prisoner-run shelter. They had him scheduled to be put down in less than 48 hours. He was 25+ lbs underweight, covered with fleas and ticks, and had sores all over his legs from having to sleep on rough cement while locked in small cages with 10 or more other dogs. Now he's fat, dumb, and happy sleeping in his own dog bed watching the cartoon network on the plasma while I work. Yeah, I tend to spoil my dogs.
His name is - appropriately enough - "Lucky."
That's freaking awesome. +rep.
Aside from the obvious (make more money, scale, buy new toys) goals, your post inspired me to share one goal that I probably wouldn't have shared otherwise: to become more pro-active in my efforts to help abused animals.
Yeah, I know there are plenty of people that need help but animals are often overlooked. Dog-fighting, illegal puppy mills, and other heinous atrocities like that are rampant here in the South with alarmingly little being done to stop or even put a dent in the problem.
I've been writing checks for a while but I want to step up my efforts quite a bit. It'll be a very good day when I can honestly say my efforts helped put some of these Michael Vick wanna-be mother fuckers behind bars.
I rescued the dog in my avatar about two and a half years ago from a prisoner-run shelter. They had him scheduled to be put down in less than 48 hours. He was 25+ lbs underweight, covered with fleas and ticks, and had sores all over his legs from having to sleep on rough cement while locked in small cages with 10 or more other dogs. Now he's fat, dumb, and happy sleeping in his own dog bed watching the cartoon network on the plasma while I work. Yeah, I tend to spoil my dogs.
His name is - appropriately enough - "Lucky."
Fuck people, animals FTW.
That's freaking awesome. +rep.
Aside from the obvious (make more money, scale, buy new toys) goals, your post inspired me to share one goal that I probably wouldn't have shared otherwise: to become more pro-active in my efforts to help abused animals.
Disagree, but it's still a good cause.