Acai Berry company ordered to pay $10 million in refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I legitimately met a guy the other week that told me he lost 85lbs over the course of 6 months from eating right, working out, and using acai berry. In fact, he said he attributed a lot of his results to taking acai berry.

Did you get his written testimonial??

I actually heard from a fairly reputable source that they don't have the money to pay the fine.

So much for 'drop in the bucket', 'cost of doing business', etc.
 


Did you get his written testimonial??

I actually heard from a fairly reputable source that they don't have the money to pay the fine.

So much for 'drop in the bucket', 'cost of doing business', etc.

Right.

Somehow I doubt these people are amateurs. "They" don't have the money as in the "company" the LLC, etc.. doesn't have the money. Keep in mind it's the "company" that is being sued/ordered. Not the individuals.
 
weight loss

[FONT=&quot]Most people now know that acai berries have something special to them, and they are really good for you, but most do not know exactly what something is. [/FONT]
 
I legitimately met a guy the other week that told me he lost 85lbs over the course of 6 months from eating right, working out, and using acai berry. In fact, he said he attributed a lot of his results to taking acai berry.
LOL. How fat was this fucker? 85 pounds is a lot. If he starts moving and eats right, then I can see that happening. The marketing worked on him, not the acai.
 
I have a related question. Affiliates usually advertise that stuff with fake "reviews", fake "blog comments", fake and unsubstantiated success claims, pretty much fake everything. Would it be possible for someone to go after an affiliate for false advertising? If so, what could the consequences be?

I know this happening is unlikely and you can hide your identity, bla bla bla; but that's besides the point. In theory, could we be held responsible?


yes. The FTC has rules that if you advertise things online or offline your claims have to be truthful. You also have to have a disclaimer that "warns" people that you get paid when they buy stuff.

You can get fined for posting false reviews FTC issues $250,000 fine for fake online reviews | Articles | Home
 
  • Like
Reactions: jeffrey
Status
Not open for further replies.