Ah Fuck! Not Again G!

Must put on stupid hat and Skype about this immediately!

agtzfmxvbHNlcnYzNHITCxILU3RvcmVkSW1hZ2UYo4oHDA


Fuck all y'all.
 


they are forcing their way into more search space, it is a shame that they keep moving away from (trying) providing an accurate and fast search engine and turning into the replacement of the sites that they list.

for a bunch of us it just means that (a part of) the game will change once again, and we will find new ways to get back on top, nothing changes.
 
My boss had this article waiting on my desk for me this morning with a post-it note that says "Read This. Need to take action now." I'm glad that my internet-explorer-using 50+ year old boss is watching my back. LOL.

I can't help myself. I have to ask...

Does he make you print out his emails and read them to him while you sit on his lap in a little skirt too?
 
So what you're saying is building a business model based upon someone marketing their product and building their audience and then expecting them to provide those users to me for free, whereby allowing me to profit handsomely is a bad idea?

I'm guessing next you're going to tell me I can't be pissed when they choose to cut me off and hand that traffic to some other undeserving business. What is this world coming to?!?!
 
So what you're saying is building a business model based upon someone marketing their product and building their audience and then expecting them to provide those users to me for free, whereby allowing me to profit handsomely is a bad idea?

I'm guessing next you're going to tell me I can't be pissed when they choose to cut me off and hand that traffic to some other undeserving business. What is this world coming to?!?!

Exactly. I imagine the look on most SEO guys' faces is the same of that of the ex-hot chick the moment she realized she's too old to skate by on her looks anymore.
 
My boss had this article waiting on my desk for me this morning with a post-it note that says "Read This. Need to take action now." I'm glad that my internet-explorer-using 50+ year old boss is watching my back. LOL.

LMFAO....That was a great mini movie clip in my head..Thanks
 
They're just adding more little doo-dads to make consumers think they're improving so they keep on coming back and clicking those ads
The average search user doesn't care about improvements, they care about getting meaningful results.

What Google is saying with this is that they can provide more meaningful results than just providing a list of websites and/or blended results.

Which Google are you referring to there? The one you see when you're signed into Gmail, or the one you see when you don't?
This is very insightful.
 
So let me get this straight. Google is now going to scrape content from webmasters for their own semantic results so the user doesn't need to visit the website from which Google got the information from, in addition to displaying ads alongside those results.

79_-i-m-as-mad-as-hell-and-i-m-not-going-to-take-this-anymore_imagelarge.jpg
 
The average search user doesn't care about improvements, they care about getting meaningful results.

What Google is saying with this is that they can provide more meaningful results than just providing a list of websites and/or blended results.


This is very insightful.

Not just meaningful but quicker, the same idea behind Google Instant. If I search for the local time or my IP those come up already without having to click on to another site. This looks to extend that type of query search.

I'd imagine most of the queries affected will be fairly simple answer/question types, basic facts. I can't imagine these affecting queries needing more in depth information/analysis or opinion (despite the comments here that SEO is dead...).
 
So let me get this straight. Google is now going to scrape content from webmasters for their own semantic results so the user doesn't need to visit the website from which Google got the information from, in addition to displaying ads alongside those results.

No, they only use information submitted to them, or they developed themselves.
 
You know all those stupid sites like My Lists of Stuff (or whatever they were called) plus YahooAnswers and how you used to be able to spam the crap out of those answering "questions" and you'd be in the first few spots for your keyword on Google?

*sighs. Takes drag. Inhales.*

Glory days.

Been noticing how Yahooanswers has pretty much disappeared from Google results when they used to be favored for all those "Question asking" types of keyphrases like....

"How long is a donkey dong?"

"If my donkey's dong is shorter than average, does this mean he can't have a porn career?"

"If my girlfriend used to have another donkey with a huge dong and the donkey I gave her has a tiny dong, will she leave me?"

I LOVED me the dayz when I could be an "expert" on Yahooanswers and drive noobs to my nefarious affiliate sites answering questions there.

The real question is...will we be able to game Google's latest homonculoid algo in a similar way?
 
Been a long time in the making and it should be interesting to see what the "new advertising opportunities" turn out to be. Possibly better blending within their new served content? Just a thought but if their semantics improve they can match ads better and possibly improve advertiser ROI's?

As much as I hate the fact that they are stepping on our toes I do respect their innovation. Google's just like any of us, they are continuing to scale their business. They reached "maximum velocity" on their rate of growth years ago and are now doing what they need to do to keep moving forward, quarterly revenues rising, and shareholders happy.
 
. . .
What Google is saying with this is that they can provide more meaningful results than just providing a list of websites and/or blended results.

So let me get this straight. Google is now going to scrape content from webmasters for their own semantic results so the user doesn't need to visit the website from which Google got the information from, in addition to displaying ads alongside those results.

Not just meaningful but quicker, the same idea behind Google Instant. If I search for the local time or my IP those come up already without having to click on to another site. This looks to extend that type of query search.

I'd imagine most of the queries affected will be fairly simple answer/question types, basic facts. I can't imagine these affecting queries needing more in depth information/analysis or opinion (despite the comments here that SEO is dead...).

This is pretty much what I took from the articles. If you go through the cost to do everything right including providing great information, your website may not show as it does now. However your content will in the form of their answers. Contrary to many posts itt monetizing that seems more than just a bump in the road.