Another idea for non-drugs based focus ...

wezcountry

New member
Aug 31, 2009
1,788
22
0
In the EUSSR
When I absolutely must focus or I'm up against a deadline I use a simple method. I switch-off all distractions and force myself to work against a stop watch in 45 minutes slots. I do nothing else except the work in front of me for those 45 minutes. Then I take a 10 minute break, get up walk about, have a piss, a coffee or whatever and then back at it again for 45 minutes. Works for me.

The online stopwatch I use really helps:

Online Stopwatch

Anyone have any other ideas?
 


Whatever works. I set goals within the project to meet. Divide the project into sections, chunks, etc. Set a goal for the day, budget your days so you give yourself 1-2 days of padding for unforseen mechanical issues, and go at your own speed.

I personally don't use a stopwatch gadget, if it works for you, that's all that matters.

In terms of project deadlines, what has always worked for me, was doing the hardest part first. Get that out of the way (the elements to the project which you'll have to research or use trial and error for). Once all the unknowns are out, it's smooth sailing and your timeline crystalizes.
 
Read "Eat That Frog" by Brian Tracy is you want tips for focusing, GTD, or to stop procrastinating. Amazing book.
 
Does anyone here have ADHD? I find it very easy to concentrate on something for hours at a time, then when it comes time to launch, there is no motivation.
 
Just fucking buckle down and get your shit done, simple as that, stop looking for all these bullshit systems and what not.

Shut the fuck up, do your work, make the money, no charge for that, glad I could help.
 
Just fucking buckle down and get your shit done, simple as that, stop looking for all these bullshit systems and what not.

Shut the fuck up, do your work, make the money, no charge for that, glad I could help.

I see what you did there. The Jeet kune do of getting shit done systems. A system of no systems. An ebook guide to this systemless system would probably make a good loss leader for the wickedfire ninjaoptimizer product.
I really do admire you, sir.
 
I simply don't answer my phone when I want to get work done, I prefer to be contacted over email / AIM anyways. Phone talking kills my productivity - if I ignore it for a day I literally end up with a mailbox full by 6pm... horrible.