£20k is bullshit wages man. I don't care what shape the economy is in or how old you are, if you have skills that are in demand an employer should be prepared to offer you more than what are slightly better than minimum wages. To put things in comparison I was hiring entry/middle weight designers at my last place of employment at £36k + benefits, which I still think is low, but they got raises eventually. Age and education didn't matter, skills did.
Also consider that on top of the already ridiculous petrol prices you'll be paying, plus parking, wear and tear on your car, etc. etc. you're going to be sat in traffic for 2+ hours every day... which is 40+ hours a month of your life wasted behind the wheel. 40 hours that would be better spent earning money, playing video games, jerking off... anything. I would never commute like that in a fucking million years. If you put any value on your time and sanity just put that thought right out of your head. I'd rather move a 5 minute walk away from the office and pay much higher rent than sit in traffic every day. That's just stupid.
Lots of truth in this statement. It all seems like roses until the initial excitement of a new job wears off...and bitterness sets in. Also, by the time you get home, it will be time to get up and do it all over again.