Anyone use a virtual business address/mail forwarding service?

PROTIP:

If you use a mail service like this and they either don't forward your mail to you, take too long to do so, or you just don't want them handling your mail at all just file a change of address with the USPS and they'll deliver mail to your real address for 90 days. Works for PO Boxes too if you are too lazy to go to the post office. It costs like $1 to do it online. Repeat 4x a year.
 


I've also heard of people using tricks with PO Boxes.

One was using the post office's street address and using the PO Box number as a suite, but I think the USPS frowns on this.

123 Main Street
Suite 555
MyTown, NY 12345

I've also read (but not confirmed) that mail gets processed from the bottom up. City and state first, then the second line of a mailing address, then the first. So this

1000 Main Street
PO Box 555
MyTown, NY 12345

would actually go to your PO Box, but your address looks much more official because of the superfluous physical street address.
 
UPS Store +1

the ones around my parts give you a real street address

Been using UPS stores for years, from back when it was MailBoxesEtc

It's around $50 a Quarter I think, and 24/7 access- they give you a key and you can use the copy and other business machines etc. anytime, which is cool.

Like another poster said, a Google street view kills any prestige factor, but it's a great way to stay somewhat anon at first glance and keep your home addy out of marketing databases and other shit mailing lists ;)
 
I am based in Singapore. Can you tell me the good one and the bad one? You can PM me. Thank you.

I used 2 services and only one is a keeper. Make sure the company has been in business for some time and has good reputation. My current provider is good and delivers on time. However, the other provider I used was crap. They missed out on sending mails on time and often delayed mailing.

Otherwise, its a great way to get that top notch business address as your company address. Always give a solid impression
 
Check with your post office. A couple weeks ago, I got a notice from mine saying that I could use their street address instead of the PO Box. It's called Street Addressing. I think there's an extra fee, though.
 
Check with your post office. A couple weeks ago, I got a notice from mine saying that I could use their street address instead of the PO Box. It's called Street Addressing. I think there's an extra fee, though.

In the UK, the post office will give up your PO Box address to anyone that asks them in writing - no court order required. So not much good if your intention is to deflect C&Ds

I dunno how it works in other countries, but worth checking.
 
This industry seems disruptable. All services are building on the same pricing model. But by reducing the entry barrier i.e. offering a super low flat fee, like $10 a year and a higher fee per scan ($10) it could attract a whole new new customer base.
 
I use Mail Link in Vegas. Cheap ($10/month), works great, you can view your mail online, have it scanned, and they have some basic resident alien servies available too, if you need that. I think it's a mom and pop deal, but I have no complaints.