If you could work it into the header graphic, you could leave the h1 where it is.
I just think that phrase needs to be somewhere where a first-time visitor can't miss it. It tells them exactly what the site's about, like someone said earlier, it does a great job of telling them "What's in it for me".
When I first visited the site, it took me a minute to figure out what the site was about.
The current header really draws the eye to the upper left.
If you had something like this:
![]()
I'd have known in an instant what you had to offer.
That's just my opinion, and something to consider.
I see you're using Drupal (Good choice), If you need any help with the template, PM me and I'll have a look.
I'm starting to understand the need for telling the users exactly what Im offering immediately. I think the best spot for that would be the blue header that's currently being used for 'Welcome to Course-Notes.Org'. I think it would be a little annoying for the user to have that displayed at the top of every page.
I have 128 characters to work with in the blue block title. Suggestions?