To bad when your younger you dont realize how fast time flys,,, I always wanted to be 16 - car,, 21 - legal alcohol and so on.. always wanted to be older.
Now Christmas and birthdays are just blip on the screen... life truly is short...
One thing about having a child is you get to re-live your childhood through them.. so cool... plus watch them go through the same shit you did... if there is meaning to life this is it.
Life is not all about having things, money does buy security and a life style but it does not make you happy... You could not have made me believe this when I was younger...
Life is good, enjoy it while you can.
This.
I remember having my second baby, buying the forever house and finishing my masters in the same year. Then I was like, "Now what?" I was 28 and had done practically all I had set out to do between now and retirement. It was a very sobering moment to realize how much I had lost working that hard to reach a particular point. The solution was to make some new goals that I wouldn't have even thought to make when I was 18 or even 25.
@ Turbo - I LOVED those cable boxes. I remember my first remote, too - it plugged into the television itself and let you sit about four feet away. What a novelty. I also remember changing out the disks while playing a game on the old Apple IIGS - you had to change them constantly if you planned to ever finish. One scratch and the whole game was ruined.
@ Everyone - if we're realizing how much time has passed but still feeling so young and "with it", what does that say about our parents? Will we feel the same way when we're 60, 70, 80?