BST seller wants to rent link to me but does not reveal the source of links

TigerUK

Banned
Aug 23, 2008
1,070
17
0
I am renting out some links from a seller on here. I wanted to order 50 hi pr homepage links for $27 a month. The guy offered me 100 anyway.

But he won't reveal the link sources.

I need to know because I'm paying this month after month, I need to know whether

a) did the links actually get placed
b) does the PR stick in the long term, I've rented links and the PR dropped to 0 after a while, and then I just ended the payments.

The guy says he's not going to send reports or tell me where the links are placed to protect his network. What a fucking insult. He's basically saying "I don't trust you".. I've trusted him with my website to not do anything dodgy with it, I've also been a member here for a long time and have 10 itrades.. I know 10 isn't much, but if you check my record I've stopped getting itrades long time ago, because I've stopped asking for them.. I've done way more trades that that..

I've already told the seller this..and waiitng for him to get back to me.. But I'm just posting here if this is standard practice or not.
 


I wouldnt send that report to my mother let alone a WF member. Just remember you do have a choice here. If its a member that you trust

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jUBbCgMWmE]Pay that man his money - YouTube[/ame]


If not take your money elsewhere
 
IMO it's his right not to if he doesn't want to, but doesn't mean I'd buy from him. Vote with your buying power and tell him you're not going to buy and why.
 
It's pretty standard practise for this sort of service.

You're best to judge it by SERP movement v spend.

Honestly, 50 links for $27 a month - it's going to be shitty, not saying it won't work but it's not going to be a link from CNN.
 
It's a common practise, there's a workaround though, ask him to reveal it to a mod or somebody everybody around here trust and have that mod vouch for the legitimacy. Some people, i.e competitors, DO report paid link networks to Google so they get de-indexed.
 
It's a common practise, there's a workaround though, ask him to reveal it to a mod or somebody everybody around here trust and have that mod vouch for the legitimacy. Some people, i.e competitors, DO report paid link networks to Google so they get de-indexed.

dude, I've been here since 2008.. doesn't that count for anything?

It's me and the seller who are doing business, he has my url.. I should have his network.. What's smart about revealing both of mine and his info to a third party who has nothing at stake.??
 
No offense, but we're talking about $27 here.

$27.

Not $1,000. Not $10,000.

$27.

Not making monies online, we're talking about $27.

I miss the days on WF when people at least faked they were baller enough to not care so much about $27.
 
Here's the real question - did he specify that you wouldn't get a report before or after you paid? Is it in his thread anywhere or anything like that?

If he said it in the opening post then you bought it knowing. Not trying to be a dick but I mean, let's be honest - revealing the links themselves are a risk within itself.

It's all up to the fact that you either trust that person or not.
 
it's $27 monthly dickwad, read the thread.

it all adds up $324 in a year, $648 in two years. When you get link rentals you're tied down ad infinitum because it's a risk to unsubscribe and ge tthe links deleted, because doing so leaves a trail.

Without reports, how do I know the links aren't pulled down the line? How do I even know the links are in place to begin with? How do I know when to stop paying when the PR drops?

No offense, but we're talking about $27 here.

$27.

Not $1,000. Not $10,000.

$27.

Not making monies online, we're talking about $27.

I miss the days on WF when people at least faked they were baller enough to not care so much about $27.
 
  • Like
Reactions: d_diggler
Here's the real question - did he specify that you wouldn't get a report before or after you paid? Is it in his thread anywhere or anything like that?

If he said it in the opening post then you bought it knowing. Not trying to be a dick but I mean, let's be honest - revealing the links themselves are a risk within itself.

It's all up to the fact that you either trust that person or not.

I just asusmed I'd get a report with links, doesn't matter i cancelled the paypal subscripted and he's given me a full refund.
 
Ok, so you assumed. It happens man. Next time just make sure you read the thread. :)

strop being a dick.. the thrad didn't mention anything about reports or no reports.. I've received reports from EVERYONE I've done business with before.

It is also against the rules to sell mystery links.. so it was fair to assume that I will receive reports.

Seller has 20 itrades, 4 as seller, 16 as buyer.. Not enough to warrant trust.
 
strop being a dick.. the thrad didn't mention anything about reports or no reports.. I've received reports from EVERYONE I've done business with before.

It is also against the rules to sell mystery links.. so it was fair to assume that I will receive reports.

Seller has 20 itrades, 4 as seller, 16 as buyer.. Not enough to warrant trust.

I fucking asked you if he said it on the thread. Here's the main part of my post where I asked you:

Here's the real question - did he specify that you wouldn't get a report before or after you paid? Is it in his thread anywhere or anything like that?

If he said it in the opening post then you bought it knowing. Not trying to be a dick but I mean, let's be honest - revealing the links themselves are a risk within itself.

It's all up to the fact that you either trust that person or not.

And you replied with:

I just asusmed I'd get a report with links

That IMPLIES (slash I assumed, see? It sometimes backfires on you) that he said it on the thread. If he DIDN'T mention that you wouldn't be getting a report, then yes - fuck him. At least you got your money back.

Don't get testy with me because you avoided the primary question and then I responded to what you said.
 
I fucking asked you if he said it on the thread, and you replied with:



That IMPLIES (slash I assumed, see? It sometimes backfires on you) that he said it on the thread. If he DIDN'T mention that you wouldn't be getting a report, then yes - fuck him. At least you got your money back.

Don't get testy with me because you avoided the primary question and then I responded to what you said.

Alright sorry, I misread your tone..