Eminem's Comeback Single: "We Made You"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This fucking sucks. And I really like Eminem. In fact, I was already prepared to come here and defend him before I actually listened to it. What the hell...even Jessica Simpson's part sucks.

...maybe this single is an April fools joke

chorus is sung by Dina Rae
 


The lyrics and video may be clever and entertaining, but the high-pitched machine-gun delivery is just too fast and whiny for me to even understand half the time.
 
I like the darker Eminem stuff, but you've always got to expect one or two of these on every record. Some of them I end up liking, and some I hate. Right now I hate this one, hopefully the rest of it is closer to his normal stuff.
 
This song is pretty weak, but still okay.

This is just something to throw to radio stations - that's all.
Can't wait for the album next month and in the mean time Asher's album drops this month.

Video was some funny shit on this one, hah.
 
If you take this song as a serious song, yes it's going to suck, but if you take it as a fun song then you will find that its a funny song, especially with the video.

The first time I heard it i was hoping for a more serious Eminem and was upset because i thought it sucked...after a few listens I started to think the song was funny and not take it serious, then i saw the video and thought it was hilarious.

This song is much better than Just Lose it.
 
I don't know why people say Eminem needs to do this to get airplay. I hate when he does this comedian bullshit. "Lose Yourself", "Mockingbird", "Till I Collapse", "Sing For The Moment" were all great Eminem songs, and why? Because they were serious and real.

This song, along with "Crack A Bottle" sounds tired and formulaic. Let's hear something unique and personal that people can relate to, instead of him bashing the usual celebrities, rapping in his little-boy voice, and making sophomoric jokes.

It really sucks, because at times Em gives us brilliance, and at other times he gives us this...shit.

And for those of you that say he only does these types of corny tracks to generate "controversy", that's not much of a defense either. That's the only thing you hear when artists write tasteless songs. I could write a 'controversial' song about raping Michelle Obama, but does that make it right? I'm sick of this 'controversy' argument people are always trotting out, making Em out to be some sort of genius when he serves up this drek.
 
ANY Eminem song will got large amounts or air play, it just seems like he don't really care to talk about serious topics, or is just looking to make laughs...

Lose Yourself was the only serious song he opened an album with and that's because he was promoting a movie with it, also all the songs on the album were serious and themed to the movie.
 
Easy -- just ignore his songs you don't like, and listen to his songs you do like.

No point ranting over it.
 
The video itself was pretty good with lots of pop culture thrown in. I thought it was pretty funny actually. The song itself isn't as good as his earlier stuff, but it's not that bad.

He's just getting older really. More or less a parody of himself. Also, he looks really damn skinny in that video. Haha.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.