Escape From Mortgages with Tiny Houses

Anyone that's interested in a cheap house might as well just go with a shipping container. They cost around $3,000 for a 40'+ container, if you look around people have actually managed to make houses out of them that look pretty cool, and is a hell of a lot cheaper & bigger than that bullshit. On the other hand there is a big movement building houses out of different kinds of earth compounds in bags that works surprisingly well.

It'd make a for a nice project in the middle of nowhere to do things you can't exactly do in a city/town... :)
 


Anyone that's interested in a cheap house might as well just go with a shipping container. They cost around $3,000 for a 40'+ container, if you look around people have actually managed to make houses out of them that look pretty cool, and is a hell of a lot cheaper & bigger than that bullshit. On the other hand there is a big movement building houses out of different kinds of earth compounds in bags that works surprisingly well.

It'd make a for a nice project in the middle of nowhere to do things you can't exactly do in a city/town... :)
My neighbour's got one, he uses it as a locked garage for 3-4 motorbikes, as well as a private library.
 
I'd rather drown in a pool of boiling water than live in a tiny container in Riverside.

We agree on this - what a life that would be.

Besides a 2006 house 2500 sq ft is only $125K in Riverside County - that's what $750 PITI a month?

Buy & finance 3, rent them out at $1,400, take the $1950 net ($650*3) and make payments, living free off the backs of your renters, in soemthing half decent. Of course that only gets you $350K but WF members know how to scale.
 
I still look at these houses as "offices", lol. Slap it on a nice plot, wire it up nice for the PCs, throw a futon in it for long over nights, and you got a cost efficient tax write off. Why rent/lease a place when you can own it and lease it in the future. I'm gonna bookmark this crazy hippie's site for future reference, lol..
 
I still look at these houses as "offices", lol. Slap it on a nice plot, wire it up nice for the PCs, throw a futon in it for long over nights, and you got a cost efficient tax write off. Why rent/lease a place when you can own it and lease it in the future. I'm gonna bookmark this crazy hippie's site for future reference, lol..

You could even put one in your backyard and rent it out to a college student. Preferably one with big boobs.
 
Gotta give credit to the creative guys who came up with these - way to make a super simple look more glamorous. They're just appealing to a small niche audience because that sure doesn't work for the majority of the US populous (we're too spoiled - & I mean me, with my house full of stuff).

Thinking outside of the box ;) or in this case, thinking of a different use for a box...
 
Glendale's a tough place to find land though - you may have to commute to Simi Valley or Lancaster or Riverside to swing it.

I grew up in simi valley, the most overpriced redneck racist christian conservative bullshit of a town ever. While a super safe place, house parties will get broken up regularly before 10 pm, literally 3 bars in the whole town, average house price is $500k for a 30+ year old 4 bedroom shithole.

Churches every 20 feet. I think I had 4 black people in my high school graduating class (all on my football team of course). Everyone is upside down on their mortgages but driving bmw and living in their big ass houses so they can all parade around their kid's little league games acting like their dick's on hard.

I love going back to that town and sitting on the patio outside of TGIFriday's smokin cigs and gettin drunk laughin at all of my old friends still waiting tables.

Best part of town? Snooky's: Snooky's - Simi Valley, CA

"welcome to fail"

I'm not sure what this thread is even about, I just somehow saw simi valley in here and had to vent</rant>
 
I grew up in simi valley, the most overpriced redneck racist christian conservative bullshit of a town ever. While a super safe place, house parties will get broken up regularly before 10 pm, literally 3 bars in the whole town, average house price is $500k for a 30+ year old 4 bedroom shithole.

Churches every 20 feet. I think I had 4 black people in my high school graduating class (all on my football team of course). Everyone is upside down on their mortgages but driving bmw and living in their big ass houses so they can all parade around their kid's little league games acting like their dick's on hard.

I love going back to that town and sitting on the patio outside of TGIFriday's smokin cigs and gettin drunk laughin at all of my old friends still waiting tables.

Best part of town? Snooky's: Snooky's - Simi Valley, CA

"welcome to fail"

I'm not sure what this thread is even about, I just somehow saw simi valley in here and had to vent</rant>
cool_story_bro.gif
 
You might as well just buy a van and live in it. Come on....that looks horrible. Work a little harder and then you won't have to take a shit in your kitchen.
 
Why can't they just use something like this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nljmEUeLbY&NR=1]Space saving furniture that transforms 1 room into 2 or 3 - YouTube[/ame]
 
Funny this thread popped up, this is exactly what I'm doing in the next few months.. buying some nice land for 5-10k, nice mini house for 5-10k then I'll just keep pimping out the property and re-sell one day for profit. I'll probably stay in my apartment or get a condo in the city and go to chill at my country house when I need a break.

I never understood how people pay $800 000 for a brand new house with a small backyard, massive powerlines running right beside and neighbors 15ft away on each side.. I need to own lots of LAND and be next to a nice lake or river, that'd be the shit!
 
  • Like
Reactions: charlesmartel
I never understood how people pay $800 000 for a brand new house with a small backyard, massive powerlines running right beside and neighbors 15ft away on each side.. I need to own lots of LAND and be next to a nice lake or river, that'd be the shit!

Same. Nature > Neighbors.

I would NEVER buy a house in a suburban area or subdivision w/ a bunch of snotty neighbors. Ever. I would much rather spend money buying a "fixer upper" country house and enjoying the peace and quiet - even if that meant a 30 min drive to the nearest store.